Finding the Dragonkin artefacts[edit | edit source]
- You can start the quest by heading to Burthorpe, going north into the castle and onto the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], and speaking to Seren.
- Head to Anachronia to speak with Mr. Mordaut in the base camp.
- Run north of the Anachronia base camp, and down the two flights of stairs to the dragonkin gate. Do not begin the agility course.
- Speak with Thok and Charos
- Walk over to Charos.
- Smash the Venomous dinosaurs.
- Continue along the path, smashing more dinosaurs as you go.
- Talk to Laniakea and walk across the bridge.
- Excavate the spot that appears south of Thok and Charos to obtain Dragonkin device (damaged).
- Restore the Dragonkin device at an archaeologist's workbench and return to Charos.
- Excavate the next spot that appears to the north of Charos to obtain Dragonkin tablet (damaged).
- Restore the Dragonkin tablet at an archaeologist's workbench and return to Charos.
- Talk to Charos about the artefacts
- Head to the Ardougne Manor Farm, go to the top floor of the manor and teleport to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm using the mystical tree.
- Speak to Hannibus
(do not need to go through any chat options after talking to him initially for the next step).
- Travel to the ruins on the North East coast of Anachronia, east of the Herby Werby entrance and speak with Hannibus around the back of the ruins.
- Enter the door using the Dragonkin device you excavated earlier.
- Talk with Hannibus inside.
- Speak with Hannibus again
to start a memory.
- Eventually the Dragonkin will walk to the South East corner of the room and you will be able to "Cycle" the Symbol. Remember these symbols and talk with Hannibus to exit the dream. Wait for Nodon to finish putting in the passcode on the pylon.
- Cycle each of the symbols outside of the dream until they match what you saw in the dream. (When your character exclaims that a symbol looks correct, continue the dialogue instead of exiting the chat box. Otherwise, Hannibus won't recognize the correct sequence.)
- Reenter the dream and start the shared dream again. This time, follow the second Dragonkin outside.
- Follow them until they walk to the door at the front of the ruins and speak a passphrase.
- Speak to Hannibus again and exit the dream. Return to the front of the ruins and enter the door with the passphrase you heard earlier (should be in the chat box).
- Inside the front door, speak with Hannibus
again to enter another shared dream.
- Speak with Hannibus inside the dream to start a shared memory.
- Go through the chat until a cutscene starts.
- After the cutscene continue through the chat and start attacking Kerapac. You do not damage him. Attack him until he flies off.
- Return to Seren in Burthope and speak with them.
- Go and talk to Primrose located in the house by The Needle. Use fairy ring AKQ and run west into the house. Alternatively, you can teleport to the Memorial to Guthix using Memory strands and walk north west.
- Talk to Primrose exhaust all chat options. Your quest log should update to go speak to Seren.
- Return and speak to Seren.
- Make your way to The Heart in the Kharidian Desert. (The Heart teleports can be used, or travel to Nardah using the magic carpet network and run south)
- Speak with Seren outside the Heart.
- Speak to Jas about Kerapac
- Speak to Jas about the Needle
- When you finish, "Ask about something else" and an option "Can you help?" should appear. The Eye of Jas should be in your inventory.
- Return to the Anachronia Base Camp and speak with Charos near the lodestone.
- After Kerapac turns up, speak with Thok to start the fight. You can't be wielding anything in your hands.
- Follow the instructions set out when starting the fight with your team members (Hannibus, Thok, Charos and Laniakea).
- The best strategy is to set Charos to closest, Laniakea to furthest, Thok to strongest and Hannibus to weakest.
- Keep them in their default positions, and stand 2 squares west of Charos. You will win without moving.
Locations of Charos where the Measure is to be placed
Solutions to Kerapac's Pylons
- After the fight is complete, speak with Charos again. Go north towards the Anachronia Agility Course and speak with Charos once more.
- You have to use The Measure near Charos a total of four times in the ruined areas surrounding the volcano. If anytime during this Charos disappears or you are unable to interact properly with him, log out and back in or try hopping worlds. Charos will be standing right at the spot you need to use The Measure at. When you arrive at one of the spots where Charos is at, place The Measure.
- The first location is a bit north of the entrance where you talk to him.
- The second location requires you to run north of the lodestone, start the agility course, enter through the cave, hop over the log and walk north till you reach the camouflaged jadinkos.
- The third location requires you to teleport to the Anachronia lodestone, then head west past the bridge and north-west past the Arcane Apoterrasaur, till you reach the dragonkin ruins.
- The last location is directly east of the previous location, up a flight of stairs.
- Speak with Charos again (North of Base Camp).
- Enter Kerapac's lab.
- Head to the southwest section and take Kerapac's tablet on the Lectern.
- Enter the correct codes into the pylons on the four corners of the area, as given in the image on the right. The codes are the same for all players.
- Enter the room to the north that has now opened up and prepare for a battle with the Black Stone Dragon. (Note: If you die while fighting Dragon it is a SAFE death)
- After defeating the Black Stone Dragon the lab will start to collapse and you will get a timer on your screen and have to escape.
- After escaping the lab and the following cutscenes, return to Seren in Burthorpe.
- Quest Complete!
- Music unlocked
Desperate Measures is not currently required for any quests or miniquests.