Quick guide for Desperate Measures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Seren at Burthorpe Castle|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
For full storyline comprehension, completion of the following quests is recommended but not required:
|Enemies to defeat||
Finding the dragonkin artefacts[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Seren on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of Burthorpe Castle (north of the lodestone).
- Head to Anachronia to speak with Mr Mordaut in the base camp.
- Go north of the base camp, and down the two flights of stairs to the dragonkin gate. Do not begin the Agility course.
- Dismiss any pets or followers and then speak with Thok or Charos.
- Go to Charos.
- Smash the feral dinosaurs.
- Continue east along the path, attacking more dinosaurs as you go.
- Talk to Laniakea and then follow her across the bridge. After Kerapac leaves, finish the conversation with Charos.
- Uncover and excavate the spot that appears about six paces south of Thok and Charos to obtain a dragonkin device (damaged).
- Restore the dragonkin device at an archaeologist's workbench and return to Charos.
- Talk to Charos and excavate the next spot, about three paces north of him, that appears to his north to obtain a dragonkin tablet (damaged).
- Restore the dragonkin tablet at an archaeologist's workbench and return to Charos.
- Talk to Charos about the artefacts.
[edit | edit source]
- Head to the Anachronia Dinosaur Farm (from the Ardougne Manor Farm, go to the top floor of the manor and teleport using the mystical tree).
- Speak to Hannibus next to Prehistoric Potterington.
- Travel to the ruins on the north-eastern coast of Anachronia, east of the Herby Werby entrance and speak with Hannibus around the back of the ruins.
- Enter the door next to Hannibus using the dragonkin device you restored earlier.
- Talk with Hannibus inside.
- Speak with Hannibus again to start a memory.
- Eventually, one of the Nodon caretakers will walk to the south-eastern corner of the room. Wait for the Nodon caretaker to finish putting in the passcode on the pylon, and you will be able to cycle the symbols.
- You must first click on the pylon in the shared memory.
- Talk with Hannibus to exit the dream.
- Cycle each of the three symbols outside of the dream until they match what you saw in the dream. Your character will interrupt when a symbol is input correctly. Continue that dialogue instead of exiting the chat box, otherwise, Hannibus won't recognise the correct sequence.
- Re-enter the dream and start the shared dream again. This time, follow the second dragonkin outside.
- Follow them until they walk to the door at the front of the ruins and speak a passphrase.
- Speak to Hannibus again and exit the dream (you can lobby and log back to go faster). Return to the front of the ruins and enter the door with the passphrase you heard earlier (should be in the chat box).
The Kindra council memory[edit | edit source]
- Inside the front door, speak with Hannibus again to enter another shared dream. If the room is empty it means you actually do not have the right code, even if you cannot change it. Hannibus should also be now standing in front of the door (he wasn't before)
- Speak with Hannibus, next to a water pool, inside the dream to start a shared memory.
- Skip the cutscene on Kerapac's device.
- Attack Kerapac until he flies off. (No damage will be done to or by you in the fight.)
- Return to Seren in Burthorpe.
- Speak to Primrose located in the house by the Needle (far west of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony). The nearest fairy ring is AKQ.
- Talk to Primrose and exhaust all chat options. Your quest log should update to go speak to Seren.
- Return to Seren.
Meeting Jas[edit | edit source]
- Make your way to Heart of Gielinor in the Kharidian Desert. (The Heart teleports can be used, or travel to Nardah using the magic carpet network and run south)
- Speak with Seren outside the Heart.
- Speak to Jas about Kerapac.
- Speak to Jas about the Needle.
- Ask for Jas' help Eye of Jas should be in your inventory. then exit the dialogue. The
- Leave The Heart and talk to Seren.
Dinosaur invasion[edit | edit source]
- Return to the Anachronia base camp and speak with Charos near the lodestone.
- After Kerapac turns up, speak with Thok to start the fight. You can't be wielding anything in your hands.
- Follow the instructions set out when starting the fight with your team members (Hannibus, Thok, Charos, and Laniakea).
- Keep them in their default positions, and stand two squares west of Charos. You should win without moving, but if you struggle then move your character around to get early hits on the bigger dinosaurs.
Kerapac's laboratory[edit | edit source]
Items needed: The Measure, Eye of Jas
- After the fight is complete, speak with Charos again. Go north towards the Anachronia Agility Course and speak with Charos once more. The Measure should be in your inventory after speaking to him—if not, it may be in your bank; you will need to speak with Charos again before proceeding with the quest.
- You have to use The Measure near Charos a total of four times in the ruined areas surrounding the volcano. If anytime during this Charos disappears or you are unable to interact properly with him, log out and back in or try hopping worlds. Charos will be standing right at the spot you need to use The Measure at. When you arrive at one of the spots where Charos is at, place The Measure.
- The first location is a bit north of the entrance where you talk to him.
- The second location is north of the lodestone. Start the Agility course, enter through the cave, hop over the log, and walk north till you reach the camouflaged jadinkos.
- The third location can be reached by teleporting to the Anachronia lodestone, then head west past the bridge and north-west past the arcane apoterrasaur until you reach the dragonkin ruins. Alternatively, players that have unlocked the Orthen teleportation device can teleport to the third location.
- The last location is directly east of the previous location, up a flight of stairs.
- Prepare for combat.
- Speak with Charos again (north of the base camp).
- Enter Kerapac's laboratory. (An entrance will have spawned where you met Thok and Charos north of the base camp.)
- Head to the south-western section and take Kerapac's tablet on the lectern.
- Enter the correct codes into the pylons on the four corners of the area, as given in the image on the right. The codes are the same for all players.
- The south-western room's solution is 2-1-4.
- The north-western room's solution is 7-1-5.
- The south-eastern room's solution is 3-1-4.
- The north-eastern room's solution is 4-1-6.
Black stone dragon[edit | edit source]
Items needed: A weapon to kill a level 91 version of the black stone dragon
Items recommended: food, armour, prayer potions
Items recommended: food, armour, prayer potions
- Enter the room to the north that has now opened up and prepare for a battle with the black stone dragon. (If you die while fighting the dragon, it is a safe death.)
- After defeating the dragon, the lab will start to collapse and you will get a timer on your screen and have to escape. When you hit a dead end, turn around or interact with a nearby character to continue. Failing restarts the escape.
- After escaping the lab and the following cutscenes, return to Seren in Burthorpe.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 20,000 experience lamp
- 20,000 experience lamp
- Cosmic focus
- Thok's Stick cosmetic override
- Remototem base
- The ability to complete the Desperate for Artefacts Archaeology collection
- Access to the Sins of the Father miniquest to unlock the Effigy Incubator Distraction and Diversion
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
- An Echo throughout Time
- Caged Guardian
- Epilogue (if not already unlocked)
- Kerapac's Curse (if not already unlocked)
- Kerapac's Lair
- Kneel to Your God
- On the Run
- Thok's Big Adventure
- Unravelling the Past
Post-quest rewards[edit | edit source]
- Players can upgrade their cosmic focus to the cosmic accumulator which provides 20% Sprite Focus instead of 10%.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Desperate Measures is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
It is therefore an indirect requirement for the following quests and miniquests: