This article is about the butterfly in the wild. For the item of the same name, see Ruby harvest
The Ruby harvest is a butterfly that players can capture with the Hunter skill at level 15 or above, granting 24 Hunter experience.
Players can find ruby harvests at the Piscatoris Hunter area just south of the Piscatoris Fishing Colony (fairy ring code AKQ) and just west of the base camp on Anachronia. They must wield a butterfly net and have at least one butterfly jar in their inventory to catch them (To wield the net in your hand, right-click on the action bar's minimise icon and toggle the 'Sheathe/Unsheathe Weapon' option. One jar is needed for each butterfly you wish to keep). All of these items are available for purchase in Hunter stores, an example being the shop in Yanille. Jarred ruby harvests can be used on another player to increase their Attack level.
With level 80 Hunter and 75 Agility, the player can catch ruby harvests with their barehands. It may take several attempts to catch one, and the player will follow the butterfly with a jumping animation until it is caught. Doing this gives 276 Hunter experience and 50 Agility experience. The enhanced yaktwee stick can be used here, if sheathed. Following an update on the 10 September 2013 catching a butterfly barehanded gives a chance of obtaining a Crystal triskelion fragment. After the butterfly has been caught the player will release it, meaning that the butterfly cannot be kept.
- ^ Only if caught with a butterfly net or the magic version and at least 1 butterfly jar
- ^ Only if caught bare-handed
- ^ Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ a b c Only on Anachronia
- ^ a b Jagex. Mod Daze's Twitter account. 25 July 2019. (Archived from the original on 25 July 2019.)
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- Ruby harvest butterflies are once again red.
- There was a glitch which made the butterfly white instead of red, however this was fixed on 20 October 2014.