|Release date||20 July 2018 (Update)|
|End date||20 August 2018 (Update)|
|Succeeded by||Summer Escape|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Summer Weekends were a series of events that took place over weekends in July and August 2018, beginning on 20 July 2018 and ending on 20 August 2018. All events (except for the Ports month) started at 12:00 UTC on Friday and finished at 12:00 UTC on Monday.
All Month[edit | edit source]
Ports[edit | edit source]
20 July - 20 August 2018
- 25 voyages per day instead of 15.
- All player-owned ports voyages returned 30% extra resources or trade goods.
- Ability to get The Barmaid's special voyage on Saturdays and Sundays as well as Thursdays.
Events[edit | edit source]
Weekend 1: Menaphos & Sophanem[edit | edit source]
20-23 July 2018
- New City Quests appeared twice as fast after completion of a City Quest.
- 75% increased experience from Shifting Tombs. (Ironmen excluded)
- 50% increased reputation in Menaphos.
- Increased chance to receive Menaphite gift offerings.
- 25% increased Slayer experience within the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon. (Ironmen excluded)
- Bonus chance of jewelled statuettes while wearing a tier 2+ luck ring and doubled chance of sceptre of the gods and black ibis while at Pyramid Plunder.
- Double experience from Plover bird hunting. (Ironmen excluded)
- 50% increased base chance to successfully pickpocket in Menaphos.
- Triple experience from harvesting Luminous Wisps (converting memories remains the same experience rate). (Ironmen excluded)
This weekend was notified with the following login message: The Menaphos Summer weekend is on with +50% reputation gain in Menaphos, +25% Slayer XP inside the Sophanem dungeon, and much more! Open the Seasonal interface for details.
Weekend 2: Summer Skilling Bonanza[edit | edit source]
27-30 July 2018
- 10% chance not to deplete uncharted isles resources while harvesting.
- Mining nodes and trees replenished twice as quickly.
- Higher chance of activating The Pit Minigame.
- Chance to retain a plank with Scroll of proficiency increased by 10% (Ironmen excluded)
- Reduced chance to burn food. (Ironmen excluded)
- 10% chance to produce an extra urn when adding runes to them. (Ironmen excluded)
- Springs lasted for twice as long once a wisp was activated.
- Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Double tokens from regular Dungeoneering.
- No experience penalty upon death.
- Spots move around half as frequently as before.
- 25% increased Fletching experience. (Ironmen excluded)
- Extra 2.5% chance to save a secondary ingredient when mixing potions. (Ironmen excluded)
- 2 Orokami spawned instead of 1 on uncharted isles.
- Increased node spawns and double reward points at Runespan.
- Double XP and respect in the Artisans' Workshop. (Ironmen excluded)
- Pharaoh's Sceptre and Black Ibis outfit drops were twice as likely at Pyramid Plunder.
This weekend was notified with the following login message: The Skilling Summer weekend is now on with benefits to various skill training methods! Open the Event tab on the Community interface for details.
Weekend 3: Clue Scrolls[edit | edit source]
3-6 August 2018
- 1 free reroll for clue rewards per day (resetting at noon).
- Improved chance to get clue scrolls from drops and pickpocketing.
- Gilly Willikers gave players a free clue scroll per day (starting at noon). The tier was dependent on total level:
- Each completed Clue Scroll earned a gift box that contained a refreshing treat and had a chance of containing one of the following items: (Ironmen excluded)
- Easy clues rewarded a gift box (easy), medium clues and hard clues a gift box (hard), and elite clues a gift box (elite). (Ironmen excluded)
This weekend was notified with the following login message: The Clue Scrolls Summer weekend is now on with more clue scrolls, more rewards, and more rerolls! Open the Event tab on the Community interface for details.
Weekend 4: Combat[edit | edit source]
10-13 August 2018
- Charm drops gave one more charm than normal.
- Increased chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth.
- 50% increased Slayer experience. (Ironmen excluded)
- All Slayer assignments were treated as using a Slayer VIP ticket.
- Shattered Worlds granted 50% extra anima.
- 10% cheaper instance fees.
- Ability to loot from Mazcab Raids once per day.
- Extra training points from Boss Training.
- Players could choose their Boss Slayer assignments over the weekend.
This weekend was notified with the following login message: The Combat Summer weekend is now on with boosts to Slayer, Mazcab raids, Soul Reaper, charm drops, and even more! Open the Event tab on the Community interface for details.
Weekend 5: Minigames[edit | edit source]
17-20 August 2018
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game, regardless of win, lose or draw.
- +1 medal from Fish Flingers per game.
- Double commendation points from Pest Control and Conquest.
- Double Bonus XP and gambling rewards from Barbarian Assault.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower were counted twice for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- +50% Dominion Factor earned.
- +50% produce points at Livid Farm (stacks with boosters). (Ironmen excluded)
- An extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- 100% increased Menaphos reputation from Shifting Tombs.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
- Shattered Worlds granted 50% extra anima.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
This weekend was notified with the following login message: The Minigames Summer weekend is now on with boosted rewards for a variety of minigames! Open the Event tab on the Community interface for details.
Update history[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Meadows. "Summer Weekends 2018." RuneScape Forums. Lost reference
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
|Christmas Advent Calendar|