Winter Weekends (2017)
|Winter Weekends (2017)|
|Release date||1 December 2017 (Update)|
|End date||8 January 2018 (Update)|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||Winter Weekends (2016)|
|Succeeded by||Winter Weekends (2018)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Winter Weekends are a series of events that take place over weekends in December 2017 and January 2018, beginning on 1 December 2017 and ending on 8 January 2018. All events except for the Ports week will start at 12:00 GMT on Friday and finish at 12:00 GMT on Monday.
All Month[edit | edit source]
Ports[edit | edit source]
1 December 2017 - 8 January 2018
- 25 voyages per day instead of 15.
- All player-owned ports voyages return 30% extra resources or trade goods.
- Ability to get The Barmaid's special voyage on Saturdays and Sundays as well as Thursdays.
- If a previous A Barmaid's Tip voyage was still on its way (including in "returned" state), a new one wouldn't be offered.
Events[edit | edit source]
Weekend 1: Combat[edit | edit source]
1-4 December 2017
- Charm drops give one more charm than normal.
- Increased chance of rare drops and enhanced ring of wealth.
- 50% increased Slayer experience. (Ironmen excluded)
- All Slayer assignments are treated as using a Slayer VIP ticket.
- Shattered Worlds grants 50% extra anima.
- 10% cheaper instance fees.
- Ability to loot from Mazcab Raids once per day.
- Extra training points from Boss Training.
- You may choose your Boss Slayer assignments over the weekend.
Weekend 2: Menaphos & Sophanem[edit | edit source]
8-11 December 2017
- New City Quests appear twice as fast after completion of a City Quest.
- 75% increased experience from Shifting Tombs. (Ironmen excluded)
- 50% increased reputation in Menaphos.
- Increased chance to receive Menaphite gift offerings.
- 25% increased Slayer experience within the Sophanem Slayer Dungeon. (Ironmen excluded)
- Bonus chance of jewelled statuettes while wearing a tier 2+ luck ring and doubled chance of sceptre of the gods and black ibis while at Pyramid Plunder.
- Double experience from Plover bird hunting. (Ironmen excluded)
- 50% increased base chance to successfully pickpocket in Menaphos.
- Triple experience from harvesting Luminous Wisps (converting memories remains the same experience rate). (Ironmen excluded)
Weekend 3: Minigames[edit | edit source]
15-18 December 2017
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game, regardless of win, lose or draw.
- +1 medal from Fish Flingers per game.
- Double commendation points from Pest Control and Conquest.
- Double Bonus XP and gambling rewards from Barbarian Assault.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower are counted twice for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- +50% Dominion Factor earned.
- +50% produce points at Livid Farm (stacks with boosters). (Ironmen excluded)
- An extra 600 daily bonus points in Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza.
- 100% increased Menaphos reputation from Shifting Tombs.
- Double zeal from Soul Wars.
- Shattered Worlds grants 50% extra anima.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
Weekend 4: Gathering & Support Skills[edit | edit source]
22-25 December 2017
- 10% chance not to deplete uncharted isles resources while harvesting.
- Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
- Springs last for twice as long once a wisp is activated.
- Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Spots move around half as frequently as before.
- Double tokens from regular Dungeoneering.
- No experience penalty upon death.
- Higher chance of activating The Pit Minigame.
Weekend 5: Clue Scrolls[edit | edit source]
29 December 2017 - 1 January 2018
- 1 free reroll for clue rewards per day.
- Improved chance to get clue scrolls from drops and pickpocketing.
- Gilly Willikers will give you a free clue scroll per day (starting at noon). Type dependent on total level:
- Each clue scroll completed will reward a festive box containing festive food and has a chance of containing one of the following items: (Ironmen excluded)
- Easy clues reward a festive box (easy), medium clues a festive box (medium), hard clues a festive box (hard), and elite clues a festive box (elite). (Ironmen excluded)
Weekend 6: Artisan Skills[edit | edit source]
5-8 January 2018
- 10% chance to produce an extra urn when adding runes to them. (Ironmen excluded)
- 25% increased Fletching experience. (Ironmen excluded)
- Double XP and respect in the Artisans Workshop. (Ironmen excluded)
- Increased node spawns and double reward points at Runespan.
- Chance to retain a plank with Scroll of proficiency increased by 10% (Ironmen excluded)
- Reduced chance to burn food. (Ironmen excluded)
- Extra 2.5% chance to save a secondary ingredient when mixing potions. (Ironmen excluded)