The sceptre of the gods is an item that may be received when playing Pyramid Plunder. It teleports to the same locations as the regular pharaoh's sceptre but has an additional teleport to the Golden Palace in Menaphos. The sceptre of the gods has 10 teleport charges when fully charged, which is increased to 20 with medium Desert achievements completed, and further increased to 60 with hard Desert achievements completed.
There is a chance to obtain one by looting the engraved sarcophagus in the 8th room of Pyramid Plunder, which requires level 91 Thieving and 75 Runecrafting. The odds of finding the sceptre are 1/625, which is increased to 1/480 by wearing either master camouflage outfit or at least tier 3 luck ring.
It only provides boosts when wielded. When one is looted, the player will be ejected from the pyramid.
In addition, when wielding this sceptre in Pyramid Plunder, players receive the following benefits:
- A total of four new urns will be available in the last two rooms which provide a higher chance of obtaining better loot. One by door in room 7 and second east of exit door past trap. In room 8, both are beside the door after entering.
- There is an increased chance of obtaining the Black Ibis outfit pieces (twice as likely).
The sceptre can be recharged at any point to restore a number of charges on it, depending on the artefacts used. The mummy will recharge it in exchange for any of the following reward items from the minigame, noted or unnoted:
Note: With the Jewelled diamond statuette it is not required to speak to the Guardian Mummy, the item can be used on the sceptre to recharge it.
The following table shows the total cost of recharging the sceptre of the gods by buying ornaments from Grand Exchange.
This table assumes you recharge your sceptre with only one type of ornament. Note as usual, GE indicative price is not always the price that items are available for.
The table also shows the value of the ornaments with Simon Templeton. Sometimes Simon will purchase these ornaments for more than their Grand Exchange value.
||Cost per charge
||Value to Simon per charge
|Jewelled diamond statuette
|Jewelled golden statuette
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 8 February 2021 (Update):
- The Sceptre of the Gods has new charge caps. These are:
- 10 charges on the base item.
- 20 charges as a reward from the medium Desert achievements.
- 60 charges as a reward from the hard Desert achievements.
- The sceptre can now be charged at any point rather than only at 0 charges.
- With the above change, the charge value of Pyramid Plunder items has been adjusted:
- Jewelled diamond items give 10 charges.
- Jewelled gold items give 6 charges.
- Gold items give 1 charge.
- Stone items give 0.5 charges each, so two are required for 1 charge.
- Charges will never be wasted when recharging, and jewelled diamond items can still be used on the sceptre at any point.
- The sceptre will now give a warning when you're low on charges.
- Various messaging surrounding the Sceptre has been changed to info-boxes for better visibility.
- Removed hyphens on various options for the Mummy NPC in Pyramid Plunder and the Sceptre.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Added more commonly recognised names of destinations to the pharaoh's sceptre and sceptre of the gods' teleport options.
- patch 30 April 2018 (Update):
- Obtaining the Sceptre of the Gods whilst wearing a Ring of Fortune or better will now display a luck message.
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- You are now able to use noted artifacts to recharge the Pharaoh's sceptre and the Sceptre of the gods.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Sceptre of the gods teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- ninja 18 May 2015 (Update):
- The Sceptre of the Gods now has level 1 magic stats and no requirement to wield it.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- Recharging the sceptre of the gods now uses the correct amount of jeweled and gold artifices.
- You can now obtain another sceptre of the gods if you have one keepsaked.
- ninja 6 May 2014 (Update):
- An extra message has been added when obtaining a Sceptre of the Gods.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- A message has been added to say how many teleports remain when using the sceptre of the gods whilst equipped.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Teleporting using a Sceptre of the Gods now displays how many charges are left.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- Obtaining a sceptre of the gods now works correctly with a full inventory.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- This weapon is now one-handed.
- If a player that is on your friends list finds a Sceptre of the gods, a server announcement will trigger: News: [Player] has found the Sceptre of the Gods!
- When the Sceptre is looted it appears in the Adventurer's Log: "Whilst plundering the pyramids, I looted the Sceptre of the Gods."
- The top of the Sceptre of the gods resembles an ibis head.
- The sceptre used to be a two-handed weapon like the Pharaoh's sceptre, but it was changed to a one-handed weapon on 31 August 2011 because of complaints that players could not wield the anti-poison totem while plundering.
- Previously, if a player's inventory was full upon finding a Sceptre of the gods, it would have been destroyed. Since a patch it will now appear on the ground outside the pyramid.
- Before 18 May 2015 the sceptre of the gods had a level 30 Magic and 30 Attack requirement to be wielded.
- It is possible to loot a second sceptre of the gods if you have one keepsaked, however the keepsaked sceptre will be deleted if removed from keepsake.