Sceptre of the gods
|Sceptre of the gods|
|Release||23 August 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You can find another of these by playing Pyramid Plunder.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|An impressive pharaoh's sceptre.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The sceptre of the gods is an item that may be received when playing Pyramid Plunder.
There is a chance to obtain one by looting the engraved sarcophagus in the 8th room of Pyramid Plunder, which requires level 91 Thieving and 75 Runecrafting. The odds of finding the sceptre are 1/625, which is increased to 1/480 by wearing either master camouflage outfit or at least tier 3 luck ring.
It only provides boosts when wielded. When one is looted, the player will be ejected from the pyramid.
It teleports to the same locations as the pharaoh's sceptre but has an additional teleport to the Golden Palace in Menaphos. The sceptre of the gods has 10 teleport charges when fully charged (20 with the hard Desert achievements completed) as opposed to the 3 charges offered by the pharaoh's sceptre (or 6 after hard Desert achievements).
In addition, when wielding this sceptre in Pyramid Plunder, players receive the following benefits:
- A total of four new urns will be available in the last two rooms which provide a higher chance of obtaining better loot. One by door in room 7 and second east of exit door past trap. In room 8, both are beside the door after entering.
- There is an increased chance of obtaining the Black Ibis outfit pieces (twice as likely).
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Teleports[edit | edit source]
The sceptre will offer up to 10 (20) teleports to:
- Jalsavrah (Pyramid Plunder) - the Pyramid Plunder minigame.
- Jaleustrophos (Agility Pyramid) - the Agility Pyramid, next to Simon Templeton.
- Jaldraocht (Azzanadra's Pyramid) - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure which is convenient for switching to Ancient Magicks.
- Jalkabir (Menaphos Golden Palace) - The Golden Palace, located inside Menaphos.
When there are no teleports left, the sceptre can be recharged, thereby charging it with 10 (20) more teleports, by speaking to the Guardian mummy in the Pyramid Plunder pyramid. It is recharged in the same way as the pharaoh's sceptre. The mummy will recharge it in exchange for any of the following reward items from the minigame:
- 1 Jewelled diamond statuette
- 1 Jewelled golden statuette and 4 Gold Artefacts
- 10 Gold ornaments (seal, scarab, and statuette)
- 20 Stone ornaments (seal, scarab, and statuette)
Note: With the Jewelled diamond statuette it is not required to speak to the Guardian Mummy, the item can be used on the sceptre to recharge it.
Recharging table[edit | edit source]
The following table shows the total cost of recharging the sceptre of the gods by buying ornaments from Grand Exchange. This table assumes you recharge your sceptre with only one type of ornament. Note as usual, GE indicative price is not always the price that items are available for. The table also shows the value of the ornaments with Simon Templeton. Sometimes Simon will purchase these ornaments for more than their Grand Exchange value.
|Item||GE price||Quantity||Total cost||Value to Simon|
|Jewelled diamond statuette||Untradeable||1||N/A||12,500|
|Jewelled golden statuette||23,925 coins||1||23,925||7,500|
|Gold seal||897 coins||10||8,970||7,500|
|Golden scarab||994 coins||10||9,940||10,000|
|Golden statuette||2,122 coins||10||21,220||12,500|
|Stone seal||137 coins||20||2,740||3,000|
|Stone scarab||160 coins||20||3,200||3,500|
|Stone statuette||192 coins||20||3,840||4,000|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Added more commonly recognised names of destinations to the pharaoh's sceptre and sceptre of the gods' teleport options.
- patch 30 April 2018 (Update):
- Obtaining the Sceptre of the Gods whilst wearing a Ring of Fortune or better will now display a luck message.
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- You are now able to use noted artifacts to recharge the Pharaoh's sceptre and the Sceptre of the gods.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Sceptre of the gods teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- ninja 18 May 2015 (Update):
- The Sceptre of the Gods now has level 1 magic stats and no requirement to wield it.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- Recharging the sceptre of the gods now uses the correct amount of jeweled and gold artifices.
- You can now obtain another sceptre of the gods if you have one keepsaked.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- A message has been added to say how many teleports remain when using the sceptre of the gods whilst equipped.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- Obtaining a sceptre of the gods now works correctly with a full inventory.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If a player that is on your friends list finds a Sceptre of the gods, a server announcement will trigger: News: [Player] has found the Sceptre of the Gods!
- When the Sceptre is looted it appears in the Adventurer's Log: "Whilst plundering the pyramids, I looted the Sceptre of the Gods."
- The top of the Sceptre of the gods resembles an ibis head.
- The sceptre used to be a two-handed weapon like the Pharaoh's sceptre, but it was changed to a one-handed weapon on 31 August 2011 because of complaints that players could not wield the anti-poison totem while plundering.[source needed]
- Previously, if a player's inventory was full upon finding a Sceptre of the gods, it would have been destroyed. Since a patch it will now appear on the ground outside the pyramid.
- Before 18 May 2015 the sceptre of the gods had a level 30 Magic and 30 Attack requirement to be wielded.
- It is possible to loot a second sceptre of the gods if you have one keepsaked, however the keepsaked sceptre will be deleted if removed from keepsake.
References[edit | edit source]
Main hand magic weapons
|Mage Training Arena|
|Dyed seismic wand|
|Dyed wand of the praesul|
Desert pantheon equipment