Clue scroll (medium)
|Clue scroll (medium)|
|Release||5 May 2004 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you want to destroy this item? This item cannot be reclaimed.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|• A set of instructions to be followed.|
• A clue!
• A piece of the world map,but where?
• Perhaps someone at the observatory can teach me to navigate?
• It points to great treasure!
|Item ID||? (edit)|
|FAQ • doc|
A clue scroll (medium) is part of the Treasure Trails Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards a buried treasure. They are obtained upon opening a sealed clue scroll (medium). Medium clues are between 4 to 6 clues long (3 to 5 with the Totem of Treasure).
Completion of the clue scroll will either give a scroll box (medium), containing another clue, or a reward casket (medium), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Medium clue scroll rewards can range from a few thousand coins to over 1,200,000 coins if ranger boots, a briefcase, or an off-hand briefcase is obtained.
Clues[edit | edit source]
Medium clue scrolls may contain the following types of clue:
Rewards[edit | edit source]
From all levels[edit | edit source]
|2–27 holy biscuits or purple sweets|
|Various teleport scrolls|
|1–3 god pages for god books|
|20–100 Saradomin, Guthix, or Zamorak arrows|
|Noted meerkats pouches or fetch casket scrolls|
|Sealed clue scroll (master)|
From medium clue scrolls[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Fixed a typo in the anagram medium clue Im Krom dialogue.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that stopped the progress of a medium clue if Salt in the Wound was only partially completed.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- Instances on medium Treasure Trails where the target NPC continues talking after players are done on that step of the trail have now been fixed.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The following items can no longer have alchemy cast on them: Clue scrolls
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now hold one of each tier of clue scroll.
- patch 23 March 2015 (Update):
- An old medium-level Treasure Trail map has been updated to reflect changes made to the area in the past.