Tribute to Guthix
|Tribute to Guthix|
|Release date||12 March 2013 (Update)|
|End date||2 April 2013 (Update)|
|Head developer||Frédérique G|
|Preceded by||A Fowl Easter (2012)|
|Succeeded by||Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza (2014)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Tribute to Guthix was an event led by Taverlian druids to mourn Guthix's death after the Assassination of Guthix. For this event players could gather Guthixian butterflies. Every time a player caught 5, they were rewarded with a Guthixian Memory. Members also received experience in their lowest levelled skill without the need to train that particular skill (this occurred even if the member was logged onto a free-to-play world). Players could claim the Butterfly Outfit, the Sword of Edicts (override), and the Butterfly Dervish emote at any time during the event from Memstix. There was also a small side event where players could add 1 rune essence or pure essence to the Tribute stone by Runestax. This stone remained in game after the event had finished. As over 100,000 players added essence to the stone, it was transformed into a permanent prayer altar and a small summoning obelisk which also allows players to change back to Standard Prayers from the Ancient Curses.
The Guthixian butterflies along with the Guthixian memories have returned several times since then, last time being from the update on 26 May until the end of 12 April 2018. The tribute stone remains in place permanently. The cosmetic outfit and cosmetic override rewards are no longer available to be claimed from Memstix after the event.
Butterflies[edit | edit source]
The butterflies gave some experience in a players lowest skill. They were sighted in many locations all over the surface of Gielinor, including:
- Bandit camp - East of the lodestone. There were several flying around.
- Pollnivneach - Throughout the town
- Falador - Near Memstix and Runestax
- Dark Wizards' Tower - The area between the Crafting Guild and Nora T. Hagg's house usually had up to 8 butterflies.
- Varrock - Near Champions' Guild
- Ardougne - Inside sheep pen near farming patch
- Seers' Village - In the village and the surroundings
- Lumbridge - Near General Store and in swamp
- Duel arena - West of the entrance
- Legends' Guild Entrance
- North of Draynor Manor
- Near the entrance to the Ancient Cavern
- Yanille - South-west of lodestone in Ogre area
- Taverley - Near the Druid's circle and around several buildings
- Edgeville - Near the bank
- Piscatoris Hunter area
- Daemonheim - Outside the entrance to the Woodcutting Island
- Throughout the whole Wilderness
- Outside Rellekka
- East of Cairn Isle near the bridge
- Next to Papa Mambo's shack in the Herblore Habitat
- Between the Ecto-fountain and Morchella mushroom patch in Morytania
- Rimmington - Surrounding area's and buildings
- Brimhaven - Near the fruit tree patch
- Al Kharid - Near the Shantay Pass and around the Duel Arena
- Karamja - In the Banana plantation
- Varrock - In the Grand Exchange
Glowing trees[edit | edit source]
Some trees, notably near the city entrances, dripped green fluid and had a face (looking very much like Guthix) manifested in them. Upon cutting, they gave normal logs. There was always a green whirlpool within the tree stump. It's been confirmed that the trees are "crying", being the Anima Mundi showing compassion to Guthix because he was connected close to it.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original objective for the Tribute stone was 250,000 rune essence, however two weeks after the event started, there was still less than 80,000. On 25 March 2013 the objective was changed to 100,000 and the event itself was extended for another week.
- Tribute to Guthix served as a replacement for the classical Easter event as Jagex wanted it to be more lore related experience.