2017 April Fools
The 2017 April Fools' event consisted of some in-game jokes and a spoof video introducing a new game mode called "UnScape" in which players begin with max stats and work to reduce their experience to 0.
It was also announced that there would be an 'official' UnFest to go along with the new game mode.
Papa Gianne[edit | edit source]
The "Get Bond" button was replaced with a "Get Pizza" button. Clicking the button resulted in the message "You have made your order. Please be patient while the gnome finds you." Papa Gianne would then appear after 20 seconds, saying "Delivery for Player!!!" and giving them a plain pizza, meat pizza, anchovy pizza, pineapple pizza, or burnt pizza. Messages varied depending on the type of pizza received.
- Plain, meat, and anchovy: "Here you go Player, your food delivery - still warm!"
- Burnt: "Here you go Player, your food delivery - crispy, how you like it!"
Papa Gianne could teleport to most areas, including:
A player could only order one pizza per account every 30 minutes.
Bankstanding pet[edit | edit source]
By a coordinated effort between players and Jagex, players were tricked into thinking there was a 'bankstanding' pet, earned by standing inside safe bank areas.
Fake messages[edit | edit source]
Every now and then, players got fake announcements (friend or global) or other messages listed below.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Ironman deaths[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Doc Brown gaining 120 then 99 Invention is a reference to a character of the same name in the Back to the Future franchise. The order of getting the levels is also a reference to the franchise.
- Severus killing Albus, Marvolo killing Severus, and Harry killing Marvolo are references to the Harry Potter franchise, where Severus Snape infamously killed Albus Dumbledore before being killed by Lord Voldemort, real name Tom Marvolo Riddle. Voldemort was subsequently killed by Harry Potter.
- Mama killing a man is a reference to the song Bohemian Rhapsody. The man's total level of 1975 is a reference to the song's release by the band Queen in the year 1975.
- Video killing Radio Star is a reference to the song Video Killed the Radio Star. Radio Star's total level of 1980 is a reference to the year 1980 where the song was a European number 1 hit for The Buggles.
- Samwell Tarly receiving a Heartsbane drop is a reference to the George R. R. Martin book series A Song of Ice and Fire. Heartsbane is a weapon of House Tarly and Samwell Tarly a major character in the series.
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
|Christmas Advent Calendar|