20th Anniversary celebrations
|20th Anniversary celebrations|
|Release date||4 January 2021 (Update)|
|End date||3 January 2022 (Update unknown) edit|
|Head developer||Unknown edit|
|Preceded by||19th Anniversary celebrations|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The 20th Anniversary celebrations is a year long event marking 20 years of RuneScape, celebrations first began on 4 January 2021 with balloon drops, the Grand Party, and the reactivation of the RS Anniversary cake. Throughout the course of the year the event introduced the four-part special quest series Once Upon a Time, released initially as miniquests. The end of the year had the release of a new partyhat with the Golden Party Hat hunt, allowing players the opportunity to obtain shards to craft a tradeable Golden party hat.
Balloon drop[edit | edit source]
Every 30 minutes purple, silver, and yellow balloons dropped near all lodestones, except in Prifddinas. The following message occurred two minutes before the balloon drop in the player's chatbox: After this message a confetti effect was seen around the affected lodestones until the balloons dropped.
Players could burst up to 50 balloons with each burst balloon rewarding the player with an item. All unburst balloons disappeared after one minute of being on the ground.
Heralds could be seen promoting the balloon drops.
Unlike most of the celebrations, the balloon drops started from 4 January 00:00 GMT, whereas the Grand Party was added with the game update later in the day. The balloon drops and heralds only remained for the 4 January 2021.
Drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Bonus XP star (small)||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Cabbage (Draynor Manor)||1||Unknown||0||0|
|Celebration candles||5||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Firework||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Small XP lamp||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Balloon goat||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Balloon sheep||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Balloon cat||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Balloon dog||1||Unknown||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Anniversary cake[edit | edit source]
The RS Anniversary cake was once again useable over the duration of the event. Attempting to eat it after the event displays the message .
Grand Party[edit | edit source]
The Grand Party was also introduced on the day of the 20th Anniversary celebrations.
Once Upon a Time in Gielinor[edit | edit source]
Once Upon a Time in Gielinor is a quest with four subquests released as part of RuneScape's 20th Anniversary celebrations.
Golden Partyhat Hunt[edit | edit source]
During the Golden Partyhat Hunt players have the opportunity to obtain golden partyhat shards by completing various tasks. Most of the task are available from 22 November 2021 to 3 January 2022 but the Yak Track task is only available from 29 November 2021, and the Premier Club task will be available until 16 January 2022. There are 11 different ways to obtain a shard, with only one shard being obtainable per method, and eight are needed to combine the shards into a golden partyhat at Wise Old Man at the entrance to Grand Exchange in Varrock. Since not all tasks need to be completed to obtain enough shards for the hat, players can pick and choose how they collect them. Combining the shards is possible until 17 January 2022.
The Event tab in Community interface can be used for information about the event and to track the status of each task for shards.
Obtaining shards[edit | edit source]
|Host||Talk to the Wise Old Man outside the Grand Exchange in Varrock for a free golden partyhat shard.|
|Quest||Complete all four parts of the Once Upon a Time quest for a golden partyhat shard.|
|Combat||Train any of the following combat skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Attack, Strength, Ranged, Magic, Constitution, Defence, Prayer and Summoning.
|Gathering||Train any of the following gathering skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Fishing, Mining, Woodcutting, Farming, Hunter, Divination and Archaeology.
|Artisan||Train any of the following artisan skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Herblore, Crafting, Fletching, Smithing, Cooking, Firemaking, Construction and Runecrafting.
|Support||Train any of the following support skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Agility, Thieving, completing Slayer tasks and completing Dungeoneering floors.
|Clue||Complete clue scrolls for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard. Only clues completed during the event will count towards this.[a 1]|
|Boss||Defeat bosses to earn Marks of War for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard.|
|Gold||There's a shady salesman hiding in the Grand Exchange who is selling a golden partyhat shard.[a 2]|
|Yak Track||Complete Tier 15 of the free track on the Wintumber Aurora Yak Track to receive a golden partyhat shard|
The Yak Track will be active between 29th November 2021 and 9th January 2022.
|Premier Club||Become a Premier Club 2021[sic] member for a free golden partyhat shard. This shard will be available until January 16th 2022.[a 3]|
Notes for obtaining[edit source]
- Only members can obtain shards and assemble the golden partyhat.
- Levelling skills isn't necessarily required to obtain the shards from the corresponding tasks.
- Each task rewards only one shard.
- Ironman players are able to create their own hat - however, they are not able to trade it.
- While there is an element of randomness to collecting the shards, they also have in-built "bad luck" protection. As the player continues to train skills, kill bosses, or complete clue scrolls, the likelihood of receiving a shard grows exponentially. The "bad luck" protection is bound to each task separately, meaning the chance of getting a shard from one task can be higher than another, depending on how many times a roll for a particular shard has been failed.
- Using protean items works for the Gathering and Artisan tasks.
- The shard from Treasure Trails has a chance to be awarded upon completion of a trail (when a casket is received). A higher clue difficulty has a higher chance of awarding a shard.
- If a shard is obtained when the player's inventory is full, it will be placed in the bank.
- It is not possible to obtain shards from using herbicide, seedicide, silverhawk boots, and elite training dummies.
- Training at a Clan Citadel does count for respective skills.
- Burning bones can grant a shard from the Artisan task, but not Combat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
4 January 2021:
- Added to game.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ The Runescape Team. "Golden Party Hat Hunt." 22 November 2021. RuneScape News. Taken from the FAQ section of the news update.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 24 November 2021. (Archived from the original on 26 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Hi! You can receive an Artisan shard from burning bones, but you would not have a chance of receiving the Combat/Prayer shard. Thanks! - Mod Pixel"
|Celebration of Quests|