2009 April Fools
The 2009 April Fools event was released on 1 April 2009. If a player tried to pick a cabbage from the Falador cabbage patch, the cabbage would come to life, say a random phrase (such as "All hail Brassica Prime!") and hop around, or the player would pick a cabbage seed. The players could tap, kick, or catch cabbages. Once they were caught, they could be used as a weapon, thrown to other players, or be eaten. Players needed to have Accept Aid on and both hands free to toss a cabbage. However, all cabbages, with the exception of Draynor Manor cabbages, could be wielded. The "wield" option for cabbages was apparently removed when the Easter event began.
There was talk of a hidden message. Mid-afternoon, a Jagex Mod confirmed it was this: Those who were bored enough to kick one of the bouncing cabbages from the cabbage patch north-west of Draynor Village all the way to Oo'glog were thanked and rewarded with a cabbage by the one and only Brassica Prime!
Cabbages hopping all around the Draynor Cabbage field.
The real hidden message was a thank you from Brassica Prime (confirmed by Mod Ash).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When trying to enter the Soul Wars lobby with a cabbage equipped, a message appeared saying "Cabbages are not trusted in this arena".
- When this event was released, all cabbages received a graphical update.
- You could enter Fist of Guthix with a cabbage, presumably due to Brassica Prime being affiliated with Guthix, and the fact that cabbages are Guthix's favoured vegetables.
- Since 8 April 2009, all April Fools cabbages have been removed and those in players' inventories/banks became normal cabbages.
- Brassica Prime is a reference to the 2007 April Fools joke when he was mentioned and was an enemy for the fake update.