2021 Christmas event
|2021 Christmas event|
|Release date||6 December 2021 (Update)|
|End date||3 January 2022 (Update)|
|Preceded by||2020 Christmas event|
|Succeeded by||2022 Christmas event|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The 2021 Christmas event is the Christmas event for 2021.
When logging in during 25 December 2021, players were greeted with the following message:
Merry Wintumber from the RuneScape team!
Presents from the Sledge[edit | edit source]
Presents from the Sledge was added to the Christmas event on 13 December 2021. Postie Pete and Parcel Pete have accidentally wrapped normal parcels in wrapping paper and need help with getting wrapping paper for the presents. They can be found at the north-eastern section of the Grand Exchange where the giant cracker from past years used to be.
Players earn 15–25 Christmas wrapping paper every three minutes while skilling or killing most monsters. Players can also earn 40 Christmas wrapping paper for each key used on Treasure Hunter. These act like other event currencies and may be added to currency pouch. If there is no space in the backpack, they will be automatically transported to the bank, or stored in the currency pouch if there is already some there. Following Christmas, the amount of paper players could obtain was tripled.
Some activities do not give wrapping paper. Known activities include using elite training dummies, training in Daemonheim, and fighting TzKal-Zuk's waves of enemies. Squishing primal fruit pulp into vials to make Primal Extracts do not give wrapping paper also.
Players can give Postie Pete 200 pieces of the wrapping paper in exchange for a random present - this may be repeated. These presents may contain the green Santa hat.
Christmas wrapping paper was obtainable until the end of 2 January 2022, and any previously collected paper can be handed in until 17 January 2022.
Decorations[edit | edit source]
Several features from previous Christmas events were active, such as the ground in Prifddinas and normal trees and oaks having snow and being decorated. Evergreens were also covered in snow.
Furthermore, the following bosses and other monsters were seen with Santa hats and other decorations this year:
- Ahrim the Blighted (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- Akrisae the Doomed (in Barrows only when not praying against a player's attacks)
- Araxxor (all three variants in the boss encounter only)
- Avaryss, the Unceasing (only in the boss encounter)
- Beastmaster Durzag (only in the boss encounter)
- Black stone dragon
- Chaos Elemental (only in the boss encounter)
- Charger (only while caged during the Beastmaster Durzag encounter)
- Commander Zilyana (only in the boss encounter)
- Corporeal Beast
- Croesus (both forms)
- Dagannoth Prime
- Dagannoth Rex
- Dagannoth Supreme
- Dharok the Wretched (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- Durable Jellyfish
- Exiled Kalphite Queen (both forms)
- Flying jellyfish
- General Graardor (only in the boss encounter)
- Giant mole
- Gorvek (only in the boss encounter)
- Gorvek and Vindicta
- Guthan the Infested (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- Helwyr (only in the boss encounter)
- K'ril Tsutsaroth (only in the boss encounter)
- Kalphite King
- Kalphite Queen
- Karil the Tainted (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- Kerapac, the bound
- King Black Dragon
- Kree'arra (only in the boss encounter)
- Linza the Disgraced (in Barrows)
- Magical jellyfish
- Nex (only in the boss encounter)
- Nex: Angel of Death
- Nymora, the Vengeful (only in the boss encounter)
- Piercing Jellyfish
- Queen Black Dragon (normal and carapace form; not when in crystal form)
- Raksha, the Shadow Colossus
- Reflecting Jellyfish
- Seiryu the Azure Serpent
- Sick Yakamaru
- Telos, the Warden
- Torag the Corrupted (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- TzKal-Zuk (all three forms)
- Verac the Defiled (Barrows and Barrows: Rise of the Six)
- Verak Lith
- Vorago (only in the boss encounter)
Furthermore, some goebies, including players transmogrified into them, were wearing Santa hats during the event, although these didn't show with their chatheads.
Unlike in some previous years, Nex's Ice Prison attack was not altered in any way.
The decorations, except for Arch-Glacor's form outside the combat encounter, Prifddinas, and TzKal-Zuk's seated form outside the combat encounter, were removed on the game update on 4 January 2022. Prifddinas' decorations were removed on the game update on 24 January 2022, and Arch-Glacor's and TzKal-Zuk's non-combat encounter decorations on 7 March 2022.
Related events[edit | edit source]
The following events overlapped the Christmas event:
- Snowboards may be worn during the event, until the game update on 24 January 2022
- The Golden Partyhat Hunt (part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations) caused the Grand Exchange in Varrock to receive seasonal decoration until the game update on 24 January 2022
- Advent Calendar Treasure Hunter promotion.
- Santa's Grotto Treasure Hunter promotion.
- Firework Festival Treasure Hunter promotion.
- The Wintumber Aurora Yak Track had a seasonal theme.
- Frank's Free Deaths overlapped the Christmas event but did not have a seasonal theme.
- The festive aura was usable during December as usual, and the penguins in Penguin Hide and Seek appeared as snowmen.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 March 2022 (Update):
- The scenery versions of TzKal-Zuk and the Arch-Glacor, outside their combat encounters, have had their Santa hat removed.
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- Christmas Decorations in Prifddinas and the Grand Exchange have now been removed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Like in the previous years, on 13 December 2021 the developer console got an animated snowy background. This was removed on the game update on 17 January 2022.
- The holiday portal could be entered during the event but it led west of Exam Centre, the setting of the 2021 Easter event.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Camel's Twitter account. 20 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 19 February 2022.) Mod Camel: "Quantities earned from skilling look to be increasing from Xmas day onwards. Prize rates aren't changing so there is no need to save already earned paper."
- ^ Mod Azanna. Paper stops dropping on the 2nd of January at 23:59 server time, you will have 2 weeks after that to trade in paper.. Discord.Lost reference*
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
|Christmas Advent Calendar|