|Release||4 August 2010 (Update)|
|Destroy||This item cannot be reclaimed if destroyed.|
|Examine||It points to great treasure!|
|Backpack||Start scanning, Read, Dig, Use, Destroy, Examine|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|Item ID||19043, 19044, 19045, 19046, 19047, 19048, 19049, 19050, 19051, 19052, 19053, 19054, 19055, 19056, 19057, 19058, 19059, 19060, 19061, 19062, 19063|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
[view] • [talk]
A clue scroll (elite) is the second highest tier clue scroll after the clue scroll (master) in the Treasure Trails Distraction and Diversion, in which a player follows a series of clues leading towards a buried treasure. They are obtained upon opening a sealed clue scroll (elite). Elite clue scrolls are between 5 to 7 clues long (4 to 6 with the Totem of Treasure). When an elite clue scroll is dropped, there is a 1% chance that a clue scroll (master) is dropped instead.
Completion of the clue scroll will either give a scroll box (elite), containing another clue, a puzzle casket (elite), or a reward casket (elite), containing rewards for completing the treasure trail. Elite clue scroll rewards can range from a few thousand coins to well over 5 billion coins if a very rare third-age or blood dye is obtained.
Elite clue scrolls may contain the following types of clue:
To be able to complete all possible Elite tier clues, the following are required:
| 1|| 1|| 52|
| 50|| 63|| 50|
| 25|| 25|| 53|
| 25|| 50|| 53|
| 42|| 64|| 40|
| 70|| 70|| 76|
| 1|| 67|| 63|
| 20|| 1|| 1|
| 1|| 90|| 0|
| 1|| 1|| 57.25|
| 107|| ----|| ----|
|Hover for XP and rank. Ranks for RuneScape.|
- Completion (or partial completion) of:
||A piece of Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient rune armour
||A piece of Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient dragonhide blessed set
||Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient stoles
||Armadyl, Bandos, or Ancient croziers
||Fury or Dragon ornament kits
||Bat, Wolf, Dragon, Cat, or Penguin Animal staffs
|Very rare rewards
||Large prismatic fallen star
||Starved ancient effigy
||Black dragon, Bronze dragon, Iron dragon, Steel dragon, Mithril dragon, or Frost dragon animal masks
||Sack of effigies
||Crystal triskelion fragments
||Third-age dye, Blood dye, Shadow dye, Barrows dye, or Ice dye
||Saradomin, Guthix, or Zamorak bows
||A piece of Third-age druidic equipment
|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- 19 June 2023 (Update):
- A clue scroll near water has been moved further inland due to terrain changes within what is now Woodcutters' Grove.
- patch 17 January 2022 (Update):
- A Clue Scroll near Het's Oasis was in a blocked location. This has now been moved.
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The volume of the 'heartbeat' audio for scan clues has been increased, so as to make it more noticeable.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- An animation now plays after selecting 'Scan' on a scan clue to indicate that the scroll is continually re-scanning. This graphic updates based on whether players are within double the listed range, or at any other distance.
- The Elven Lands elite scan clue has been renamed to the Isafdar and Lletya scan clue to help differentiate it from the new Prifddinas scan clue.
- The Varrock elite scan clue now mentions that it also covers the Grand Exchange, for clarity.
- patch 11 April 2016 (Update):
- Corrected an issue where having an elite scan clue following an elite compass clue would prevent the scan interface opening.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The following items can no longer have alchemy cast on them: Clue scrolls
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now hold one of each tier of clue scroll.
- Elite clue scrolls have been added to the Barrows Brothers' reward chest.
- patch 3 December 2013 (Update):
- An elite clue scroll end point that was positioned under the Falador Christmas tree has been moved.
- patch 2 October 2013 (Update):
- The Elite Treasure Trails compass interface no longer re-opens when using home teleport.
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- An issue with an elite compass treasure trail not showing 'X' when you standing on the correct spot near Duel Arena has been fixed.
- patch 31 January 2012 (Update):
- An elite treasure trail coordinate that points into the middle of the Wilderness Crater has been moved outside of the giant blocking sword.
- patch 14 September 2011 (Update):
- When in range of an elite clue scroll, the scroll will now give feedback stating if you are on the wrong level.
- patch 19 August 2010 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that could cause the directional arrow for elite trails to spin wildly, which isn't particularly helpful.