Black ibis outfit
|Black ibis outfit|
|Release date||23 August 2011 (Update)|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The black ibis outfit is an experience-boosting set that can be obtained in the Pyramid Plunder minigame. The full set gives a 5% boost to the player's Thieving experience, up to a maximum of 700 experience per action when worn. This boost can stack with other Thieving experience boosts.
Searching the urns or sarcophagi within Pyramid Plunder will yield a chance of finding a piece of the black ibis set. The base drop rate is 1/2,300. If the player is equipped with the sceptre of the gods (doubling the odds), the master camouflage outfit (10% increase), a luck enhancer of tier 3 or above (3% increase), or any combination of the three, the chance is increased. Thus the maximal chance to obtain a piece is 1/1,003.
Unlike the sceptre drop, the player is not expelled from the pyramid when they find a piece of the outfit. If the player's inventory is full, the outfit piece may be retrieved from Diango. The player will receive the chatbox message: "You find a piece of Black Ibis clothing. It can be reclaimed from Diango."
The black ibis outfit is difficult to obtain as it generally takes at least a few million Thieving experience per one piece of the set, although there is an unlikely chance of getting more than one piece in a single run of Pyramid Plunder. Additionally, pieces of the set cannot be obtained at all without at least level 78 Thieving.
From 14 August until 16 August 2018, players could buy pieces of the outfit for 125 credits per piece from Nic the trader. Since 21 January 2019, the outfit may be purchased from Vic the trader for 250 credits a piece when he appears.
Experience boost[edit | edit source]
|Black ibis mask||1%|
|Black ibis body||1%|
|Black ibis legs||1%|
|Black ibis boots||1%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Players can no longer obtain more than one set of the black ibis outfit using a POH.
- patch 14 July 2014 (Update):
- Acquiring black ibis pieces from Pyramid Plunder will now replace artefacts if the player has no space available.
- patch 11 December 2013 (Update):
- The bonus XP rates for black ibis outfit in last Pyramid Plunder room have been corrected.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, no experience was gained whilst wearing the black ibis outfit at Pyramid Plunder, however opening the doors to enter the Jalsavrah Pyramid would award boosted experience.
- On 26 September 2012, the experience boost provided by this outfit (and all the other experience-boosting sets) was increased from 2.5% to 5% in an update that went official on 28 September to coincide with the release of four new experience-boosting sets.
- After a player has looted a part of the black ibis outfit, their Adventurer's Log will say: "Whilst plundering the Pyramids I looted a Black ibis (part's name)".
References[edit | edit source]