Mad May was a members-only event that initiated throughout the whole of May 2012. During this event, members received an additional extra spin on the Squeal of Fortune every day, bringing the total to 3 spins a day. At the start of June 2012, players that had remained a member throughout May received the mad necklace, which provided bonus experience in any skill trained for up to 250,000 experience. These players also received 5,000 extra loyalty points.
Wild Weekends were the main activities that Mad May offered throughout its timespan. On the four weekends of May, various activities were carried out. Some activities included:
- Increased chances to win selected horns and tattoos available on the Squeal of Fortune,
- Double Runespan points for both free and paying players alike,
- Double drops from selected monster bosses and a chance to win an array of limited monkey-themed items on the Squeal of Fortune,
- Chase the Monkey event, a Penguin Hide and Seek spin off and partake in expunging zombie monkey invasions.
Controversy[edit | edit source]
Many players found this event to be in bad taste due to the large amounts of experience it handed out to paying members. This was during a time in which Jagex was releasing free experience/gold on an increasing scale through their payment incentive programs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b RuneScape Team. "Mad May and Wild Weekends." 20 April 2012. RuneScape News.
- ^ RuneScape Team. "Behind the Scenes - May." 1 May 2012. RuneScape News.
- ^ RuneScape Team. "Wild Weekends: Double Drops and Monkey Mayhem." 17 May 2012. RuneScape News.
- ^ RuneScape Team. "Wild Weekends: Monkey Mania." 24 May 2012. RuneScape News.
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
|Christmas Advent Calendar|