|Release date||12 December 2002 (Update)|
|Minimum level to be ranked||15 (as of 16 Apr 2021)|
|Players with 99||156,602 (as of 16 Apr 2021)|
|Players with 120||7,971 (as of 16 Apr 2021)|
|Players with 200M XP||2,314 (as of 16 Apr 2021)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Agility is a members support skill which gives access to various shortcuts around RuneScape. More shortcuts become accessible as the player's Agility level increases. A higher Agility level also causes the player's energy to recharge quicker naturally, when resting, and when listening to a musician. The main way to gain experience in Agility is for the player to complete an agility course. Agility courses are loops of simple obstacles. The themes and levels required to use a training course are highly varied. Agility was released on 12 December 2002. The current minimum requirement to be ranked (at approximately rank 977,554) on the hiscores for Agility is level 15. As of 16 April 2021, there are 156,602 current members that have achieved level 99 in Agility. There are 7,971 current members that have achieved level 120 in Agility.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Items
- 4 Agility courses
- 4.1 Burthorpe Agility Course
- 4.2 Gnome Stronghold Agility Course
- 4.3 Brimhaven Agility Arena
- 4.4 Agility Pyramid
- 4.5 Penguin Agility Course
- 4.6 Barbarian Outpost Agility Course
- 4.7 Ape Atoll Agility Course
- 4.8 Wilderness Agility Course
- 4.9 Werewolf Agility Course
- 4.10 Bandos Agility Course
- 4.11 Hefin Agility Course
- 4.12 Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course
- 4.13 Anachronia Agility Course
- 5 Agility activities
- 6 Benefits
- 7 Temporary boosts
- 8 Skill mastery
- 9 Skilling pet (Dojo Mojo)
- 10 Quests with an Agility requirement
- 11 Quests for Agility experience
- 12 Achievements
- 13 Update history
- 14 Trivia
- 15 See also
Summary[edit | edit source]
This table is a quick list of agility courses and activities. See each course's main page for more details. More training information can be found on the Agility training page.
|Agility Course||Agility Level||Approx. Time/Lap||Agility XP/Lap||Max. Agility XP/Hour|
|Burthorpe Agility Course||1||~37.5 seconds||79.5||7,580|
|Gnome Stronghold Agility Course||1||~42.5 seconds||86.5||8,650|
|Brimhaven Agility Arena||1||~60 seconds (per ticket)||Varies||20,000|
|Werewolf Skullball||25||~150 seconds||750||18,000|
|Agility Pyramid||30||~180 seconds||1,014||20,000|
|Penguin Agility Course||30||~90 seconds||775||31,000|
|Barbarian Outpost Agility Course||35||~30 seconds||139.5||17,000|
|Ape Atoll Agility Course||48||~45 seconds||580||45,000|
|Wilderness Agility Course||52||~45 seconds||571.5||45,000|
|Bandos Agility Course||60||~35 seconds||380||40,000|
|Werewolf Agility Course||60||~45 seconds||540||36,000|
|Hefin Agility Course||77||~44 seconds||704||58,000|
|Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course||80||~160 seconds||2,375||53,000|
|Advanced Gnome Stronghold Agility Course||85||~40 seconds||725||65,000|
|Advanced Barbarian Outpost Agility Course||90||~38 seconds||740.7||72,000|
|Anachronia Agility Course||30-85||8:00+||20,540||~175,000 |
- ^ Experience rates only consider Agility experience gained. It does not include experience gained in other skills while completing the course.
- ^ The maximum experience per hour is an estimate and does not include additional experience from boosts, bonus experience, or distractions such as The Pit.
- ^ Level 40 Agility is highly recommended.
- ^ Calculated based on 100 tickets redeemed together, no pillars missed, and with no Karamja gloves bonus.
- ^ Calculated based on using only the agility route of the course.
- ^ There are several sections to this course, each requiring Agility levels ranging from 30 to 85. The player must complete all sections of the course in order to earn the lap bonus at the end.
- ^ This is an average time using Surge in several strategic places around the course. Some players have been able to reach the 5:30 mark with the use of Bladed Dive, double surge, and the Mobile perk.
- ^ Calculated assuming the player averages 8 minutes per lap and runs the course backward and forward immediately upon completion of a lap. If a player has the abilities and perks listed above, rates can be closer to 400k per hour.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
The following equipment is useful when participating in agility activities. Some of these items are also rewards from the skill.
- Weight-reducing clothing - causes run energy to decrease more slowly
- Agile top - reduces weight by 12 kg (Untradeable)
- Agile legs - reduces weight by 10 kg (Untradeable)
- Boots of lightness - reduces weight by 4.5 kg (Untradeable. No level requirements and does not require any quests, including Temple of Ikov)
- Spotted cape - reduces weight by 2.2 kg (Tradeable. Requires 40 Hunter)
- Spottier cape - reduces weight by 4.5 kg (Tradeable. Requires 66 Hunter)
- Penance gloves - reduces weight by 7.0 kg (Untradeable. Reward from Barbarian Assault minigame)
- Wicked robes - obtained as a reward from the Runespan (has Runecrafting, but no Agility requirements)
- Exoskeleton headband - reduces weight by 2 kg (Untradeable. Requires 75 Agility, Hunter, and Thieving and completion of the quest Plague's End)
- Exoskeleton torso - reduces weight by 2 kg (Untradeable. Requires 75 Agility, Hunter, and Thieving and completion of the quest Plague's End)
- Exoskeleton legs - reduces weight by 2 kg (Untradeable. Requires 75 Agility, Hunter, and Thieving and completion of the quest Plague's End)
- Exoskeleton bracers - reduces weight by 2 kg (Untradeable. Requires 75 Agility, Hunter, and Thieving and completion of the quest Plague's End)
- Collector's Insignia. Obtained through the Barbarian Assault mini-game, the charged version will give an increase of 10% in Agility experience, whereas the uncharged version will give 5% increase in Agility experience.
- Auras - activated for Agility bonuses
- Surefooted (Tier 1) - prevents players from failing obstacles on courses for 20 minutes, and has a cooldown period of two hours (Untradeable. Costs 5,000 loyalty points)
- Greater Surefooted (Tier 2) - prevents players from failing obstacles on courses for 40 minutes, and has a cooldown period of two hours (Untradeable. Upgraded from surefooted aura for 12,000 loyalty points)
- Explorer's ring - daily charges each restore 50% run energy (Untradeable. Ring 1: 1 daily charge, Ring 2: 2 daily charges, Rings 3 & 4: 3 daily charges)
- Regen bracelet - triples the speed of normal health regeneration (Tradeable)
- Expensive spices - heals +50 life points for every bite of food that is eaten (Untradeable. Requires completion of quest, Let Them Eat Pie)
- Satchel - equipeable in the off-hand slot, and holds a banana, cake, and triangle sandwich which together heal 1198 life points (Untradeable. Requires completion of quest, Tower of Life)
- Silverhawk boots - each charge grants the wearer Agility experience equal to 10% of the amount rewarded from a small XP lamp, and charges are used periodically when running and skill training (Untradeable. No level requirements)
- Mobile - Mainly on the Anachronia course where the surge ability is beneficial for faster laps.
- Bladed Dive - Mainly on the Anachronia course, essentially used as another surge.
- Double surge, unlocked by buying or creating a Double Surge codex, again very beneficial on the Anachronia course.
Items[edit | edit source]
The following equipment is useful when participating in agility activities. Some of these items are also rewards from the skill. For additional items with temporary Agility boosts, see the full list in the section near the end of this article.
- Agility potion/Agility flask/Agility mix - increases Agility level by 3 temporarily (mix also heals 600 life points per dose)
- Energy potion/Energy flask/Energy mix - restores 20% run energy per dose (mix also heals 600 life points per dose)
- Super energy potion/Super energy flask/Super energy mix - restores 40% run energy per dose (mix also heals 600 life points per dose)
- Food - used to heal after failing obstacles or gain Agility bonuses
- Strange fruit - restores 60% run energy
- Summer pie - heals 2,375 life points in two bites, raises Agility by 5 levels temporarily each bite, and restores 20% run energy each bite (weighs 0 kg)
- Cake - heals 999 life points in three bites (weighs 0.3 kg)
- Basket of Strawberries - holds five strawberries, each heals 6% of total life points (weighs 0.25 kg per basket)
- Watermelons - cut with a knife into three watermelon slices, each heals 5% of total life points (weighs 0.1 kg per watermelon)
- Pineapples - cut with a knife into four pineapple rings, each heals 200 life points (weighs 0.15 kg per pineapple)
- Peaches - heals 400 life points (Untradeable. Weighs 0 kg, and requires the Bones To Peaches spell)
Using food[edit | edit source]
Many agility activities can not be failed and do not damage the player. Food is only required for certain activities or as a precaution. On courses that can damage the player, it is often worthwhile to keep the amount of life points fairly low because the amount of damage taken after failing an obstacle is based on the player's remaining life points.
Agility courses[edit | edit source]
The player's Agility level is increased mainly by completing laps around agility training courses. The training courses are identified with a running figure () on the map. Most courses and obstacles are themed to the surrounding area. Many of the courses have an Agility level requirement and some also require other levels or quests before they are accessible. Some courses have obstacles that can only be traversed at higher levels and sometimes advanced versions of the course are offered for higher level players. For each course, a set amount of Agility experience is gained per obstacle completed. Typically, players are rewarded with an additional larger amount of Agility experience for completing the lap in full without failing any obstacles. In some cases, this bonus reward makes up the majority of the experience gained for running a lap of the course.
Burthorpe Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Burthorpe Agility Course can be found in northeast Burthorpe. This course has no starting requirements, and is in an easy location for new players to begin training the Agility skill. It is impossible to fail any of the obstacles at this course so no food is required, though some energy potions may be helpful for faster training. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 38 seconds to complete which yields roughly 8,000 experience per hour.
Gnome Stronghold Agility Course[edit | edit source]
This course has no starting requirements, and it is recommended that new Agility trainers begin here. The course is located near the Grand Tree in the Tree Gnome Stronghold, north-west of Ardougne. It is impossible to fail any of the obstacles at this course so no food is required, though some energy potions may be helpful for faster training. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 43 seconds to complete which yields roughly 9,000 experience per hour.
Advanced Gnome Stronghold Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Advanced Gnome Stronghold Agility Course begins at the same location as the regular Gnome Stronghold Agility Course. Players with level 85 Agility or above can gain access to this path in the course. The benefit of completing the course using the advanced path is a higher experience gain, and the ability to earn Agility weight-reducing equipment, Agile legs, as a reward for completing the course 250 times without failing. Boosts such as a Summer pie can be used to gain access to the advanced path in order to obtain the Agile armour at a lower level. The signpost run can be failed, but after level 89 Agility, no obstacles will be failed. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 40 seconds to complete which yields roughly 65,000 experience per hour.
Brimhaven Agility Arena[edit | edit source]
The course is located underground in the northeast section of Brimhaven. The Brimhaven Agility Arena has no level requirements to use. However, players are charged 200 coins to enter each visit. The course is free after completion of the Rocking Out quest. This training method differs from a typical course because instead of a loop of obstacles, players must tag pillars marked with flashing arrows. Obstacles stand between the pillars which slow the player's movement around the arena. Successful consecutive tags earn the player tickets which are redeemable from prizes such as experience. The marked pillar changes every minute. This means players can gain a maximum of 60 tickets per hour which, when redeemed for experience, gains the player roughly 20,000 experience per hour.
Agility Pyramid[edit | edit source]
The Agility Pyramid is located in the Kharidian Desert and requires at least level 30 Agility to begin. Players complete this course by climbing over obstacles to reach the top of the pyramid before sliding down. While this agility training spot is arranged in a repeatable loop, it also offers players the secondary task of retrieving an artefact from the top which can be sold to the nearby Simon Templeton for 1,000 coins. Because this course is located in the desert, players must bring a water source with them, such as an enchanted water tiara. Obstacles can be failed on this course. With no failures, this course takes about 160 seconds to complete which yields roughly 27,000 experience per hour.
|Climb-over Low Wall||4||8|
Penguin Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Penguin Agility Course is located on the Iceberg, and requires at least level 30 Agility. To access the course, players need to complete part of the quest Cold War and must be wearing a Penguin suit. All four obstacles can be failed, so food and agility potions are recommended. With few misclicks and no delays, this course yields roughly 30,000 experience per hour.
Barbarian Outpost Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Barbarian Outpost Agility Course is available to players with level 35 Agility who have completed the Bar Crawl miniquest. Boosts can be used to squeeze through the entrance tunnel and gain access to the lap-based course at lower levels. Food is recommended because several obstacles may be failed. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 30 seconds to complete which yields roughly 17,000 experience per hour.
Advanced Barbarian Outpost Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Advanced Barbarian Outpost Agility Course begins at the same location as the regular Barbarian Outpost Agility Course. However, instead of climbing the Obstacle net, the player runs-up the Wall left to the Obstacle net. Players with level 90 Agility or above can gain access to this path in the course. The benefit of completing the course using the advanced path is a higher experience gain and the ability to earn Agility weight-reducing equipment, Agile top, as a reward for completing the course 250 times without failing. Boosts such as a Summer Pie can be used to gain access to the advanced path in order to obtain the Agile armour at a lower level. Obstacles can be failed, but after level 92 Agility, no obstacles will be failed. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 38 seconds to complete which yields roughly 72,000 experience per hour.
|Crossbow Gap Cross||15|
Ape Atoll Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Ape Atoll Agility Course is available to players with level 48 Agility who have completed the quest Monkey Madness. A Ninja greegree, which transforms the player into a small monkey, is required to use this lap-based obstacle course. Obstacles can be failed, but many players bring a knife and use the respawning pineapple found at the end of the course as food. At level 75 Agility, no obstacles will be failed. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 45 seconds to complete which yields roughly 45,000 experience per hour.
|Skull Slope Cliff Climb||60|
Wilderness Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Wilderness Agilty Course is a lap-based course that requires level 52 Agility to enter. Temporary agility boosts, like an Agility potion and Summer pie, can be used to enter the course. It is located in level 50-53 Wilderness which means players can attack and kill each other. Many players use this course when wearing a pair of brawling gloves (Agility) for their experience-boosting Wilderness bonus. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 40 seconds to complete which yields roughly 45,000 experience per hour. However, with a demonic skull, the experience will scale with level, increasing up to roughly 137,000 xp at level 99.
Werewolf Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The lap-based Werewolf Agility Course is located southeast of Canifis in the swamps of Morytania. This course requires level 60 Agility. To gain entrance, players must have completed the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest and be wearing a ring of charos. In addition to completing circuits, players may retrieve a stick along the course and return it to the trainer for an additional 190 Agility experience. The only obstacle players can fail on this course is the death-slide. At level 72 Agility, the failure rate drops significantly. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 45 seconds to complete which yields roughly 36,000 experience per hour.
|Stick Retrieval Bonus||190|
Bandos Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Bandos Agility Course is located in Bandos's throne room and can be accessed after The Chosen Commander quest is completed. It requires a crossbow, a mithril grapple, and at least 60 Agility, 60 Ranged, and 60 Strength. The jumping obstacles can be failed at any Agility level. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 35 seconds to complete which yields roughly 40,000 experience per hour.
Hefin Agility Course[edit | edit source]
This lap-based agility course can be found in the Hefin district of the elf city, Prifddinas. It requires level 77 Agility and completion of the quest Plague's End. Obstacles on this course can never be failed. This course features two shortcuts which are periodically available to the player and allow for quicker lap times. A unique feature of the course is the build up of velocity while completing obstacles. When a player's velocity bar is filled, the player will automatically complete the next obstacle draining the entire bar. For each completed lap, there is a chance of receiving a reward from the light creature at the end of the course. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 44 seconds to complete which yields roughly 58,000-110,000 experience per hour depending on the player's Agility level. The parentheses in the table below indicate experience gains when the Voice of Seren is active in the Hefin district.
|Level||Obstacles (x6)||Lap bonus||Total experience||Hourly experience|
|77||44 (52.8)||440 (528)||704 (844.8)||57,863 (69,435.6)|
|82||55 (66)||550 (660)||880 (1,056)||72,328 (86,793.6)|
|87||66 (79.2)||660 (792)||1,056 (1,267.2)||84,857 (101,828.4)|
|92||74 (88.8)||740 (888)||1,184 (1,420.8)||97,315 (116,778)|
|97||83 (99.6)||830 (996)||1,328 (1,593.6)||109,150 (130,980)|
Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course requires level 80 Agility, completion of the quest Death to the Dorgeshuun, and a light source. The basic premise of the course is to cross obstacles using one of two routes to get to an item requested by the goblin Turgall. Once the item is obtained, either path can be used to return to Turgall, who will bestow an experience bonus depending on which route the player used to depart and return. The longer of the two routes gives the player more Agility experience. The shorter of the two routes gives less Agility experience and requires a mithril grapple, a crossbow, and level 80 Strength and 80 Ranged. With few misclicks and no delays, this course takes about 160 seconds to complete which yields roughly 53,000 experience per hour.
|Agility Route (x2)||160||2375|
|Agility Route (x1), Grapple Route (x1)||150||1444|
|Grapple Route (x2)||110||108|
Anachronia Agility Course[edit | edit source]
The Anachronia Agility Course is one of the primary ways of getting around Anachronia, requiring Agility levels from 30 to 85 to traverse. The course is divided into seven sections of varying difficulty. Each obstacle provides 20 Agility experience. Completing the entire circuit around the island of seven sections will yield a total of 20,040 experience. Players can travel through the course starting at any obstacle, but they must traverse every obstacle in a row to qualify for the full lap bonus. There is a small chance to fail an obstacle, which will deal 5% of current health as damage, but the obstacle will not have to be repeated. Due to how spread out some of the obstacles are, there are white markings on signs and obstacles to help determine the path to take.
Agility activities[edit | edit source]
Werewolf Skullball[edit | edit source]
Skullball is located underground in the same place as the Werewolf Agility Course southeast of Canifis in the swamps of Morytania. This activity requires level 25 Agility. To gain entrance, players must have completed the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest and be wearing a Ring of Charos. To play, talk to the Skullball Boss at the start of the course. Then, kick the skullball through a course of 10 obstacles by right clicking it and selecting how far you want to kick it. A tap advances the ball 1 space, a kick is 4 spaces, and shoot is 10 spaces. Players are rewarded 900 Agility experience for completing the last obstacle. If Players need longer than 4 minutes, this reward is reduced to 750 experience.
Gnome Ball[edit | edit source]
Gnome Ball is a small members-only minigame located in the northwest section of Tree Gnome Stronghold. There are no requirements to participate. Begin by talking to the referee to get the rules and a gnomeball. In the game, one or more players aim to score goals against gnomes. This is done by throwing a gnomeball into the goal. Ranged experience is gained each time the ball is thrown, and both Ranged and Agility experience is gained when a goal is scored.
Toy mouse[edit | edit source]
Players can make a toy mouse on a crafting table 4 in the workshop of their house. This requires a steel bar and a plank. These can be wound and released on the ground. Catching it will then give the player 3 Agility experience even if unsuccessful.
Penguin suit[edit | edit source]
Players can make a penguin suit on a crafting table 3 in the workshop of their house after completing the quest Cold War. This requires a steel bar, piece of silk, and a plank. These can be wound and released on the ground. Catching it will then give the player 12.5 Agility experience even if unsuccessful. Unsuccessful catches will cause the suit to teleport away and it cannot be retrieved.
Blast Furnace[edit | edit source]
The Blast Furnace is a minigame found in Keldagrim which is used to smelt ores as a team with other players. The facility requires one of the team members to operate a belt to transport ores into the furnace. This role gives 2 Agility experience each second. This requires level 30 Agility.
Barbarian Fishing[edit | edit source]
By catching leaping trout, leaping salmon, or leaping sturgeon near the Baxtorian Falls, players will receive 5-7 Agility experience for each fish caught, depending on the type of fish. This requires at least level 15 Agility, 15 Strength, and 48 Fishing.
Livid Farm[edit | edit source]
Livid Farm is an activity found on the northern coast of Lunar Isle in which players help Pauline tend her garden. One of the tasks is to encourage Pauline, and this grants the player 169.7 Agility experience. This activity rewards the player with about 6109 Agility experience per hour. This requires completion of the quest Lunar Diplomacy and at least level 60 Agility and 70 Magic.
Serenity posts[edit | edit source]
Serenity posts are located in the Hefin section of the elf city, Prifddinas. Access to this activity requires level 75 Agility and completion of the quest, Plague's End. This training activity can grant up to 20,000 Agility experience, but it can only be completed once per day. Players balance on the posts and perform agile poses to earn experience each second. More experience is earned if the pose matches the pose set by Lady Hefin.
Benefits[edit | edit source]
Shortcuts[edit | edit source]
Shortcuts are identified by a curved green arrow icon () on the minimap.
Normal shortcuts[edit | edit source]
|1||Stile||Various||Free players can use these, but do not receive any Agility experience. Members on the other hand do. Cannot be failed.||3|
|5||Climbing rocks||North wall of Yanille||Just east of watchtower. Only accessible from south side. No shortcut icon on minimap.||25|
|5||Crumbling wall||Falador||Right next to the west bank. Provides easy access to the areas south of Taverley. Cannot be failed.||0.5|
|10||Rope swing||West Brimhaven||Provides access to small island with Moss giants and respawns of two slices of cake.||3|
|12||Stepping stones||Brimhaven Dungeon||A shortcut deeper into the dungeon. Just west of the entrance.||3|
|13||Small hole||Lumbridge cellar||Created during the Lost Tribe quest. Cannot be failed.||0|
|13||Fence||South of Varrock||North of the Hops Patch. Cannot be failed.||1.5|
|15||Monkey bars||Edgeville Dungeon||Provides access to Earth warriors.||20|
|15||Rock climb||Cairn Isle||Provides access to the bridge.||1|
|15||Bridge||Cairn Isle||Provides access to the isle. Failing causes player to need to redo the rock climb as well.||10|
|15||Rocks||Trollheim / Death Plateau||Allows travel around Trollheim. Used to access the troll, Dad, for the first time. Defeating Dad is a requirement to access the God Wars Dungeon, thus this shortcut is also a requirement.||?|
|16||Underwall tunnel||Yanille||Near the Watchtower. Gives easy access to Yanille from the teleport point. Cannot be failed.||0|
|18||Trellis||North watchtower in Yanille||Used in the Watchtower quest to get to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. Has no shortcut icon on minimap.||31|
|20||Log balance||West of Seers' Village||Near the coal trucks. Provides easier access between the mining spot and the pick-up location near Seers' Village.||8.5|
|21||Underwall tunnel||Grand Exchange||North-west corner of the Grand Exchange. Gives easier access to Edgeville and the canoe transport system. Cannot be failed.||0|
|22||Pipe squeeze||Brimhaven Dungeon||Provides easier access to Moss giants just west of the entrance.||8.5|
|25||Rope climb||Agility pyramid||Shortcut to Scabarite dungeon. Players must manually set it up during the Dealing with Scabaras quest.||0|
|25||Rock climb||Eagles' Peak||Shortcut from Eagles' Peak to area west of it. Cannot be failed.||1|
|26||Underwall tunnel||Falador||South-west corner of Falador. Provides easier travel between the west bank and Rimmington, as well as the Crafting Guild. Cannot be failed.||0|
|28||Fence Squeeze||West fence of Draynor Manor||Located next to the belladonna patch. Cannot be failed.||0|
|29||Rock passage||North wall of Oo'glog||Provides faster entrance when coming from the north.||0|
|30||Stepping stones||Brimhaven Dungeon||Allows access to the Red dragons.||0|
|31||Stepping stones||Near Draynor Manor||Allows crossing of the River Lum between the Manor and Champions' Guild. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||3 xp,|
1 xp if failed
|32||Rock slide||East Cairn Isle||Allows access to Cairn Isle from Karamja Island.||0|
|33||Log balance||Ardougne||Allows easy passage across the river. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||4 xp,|
2 xp if failed
|34||Pipe squeeze||Brimhaven Dungeon||Allows passage between the Red dragon and Black demon rooms.||10|
|37||Fallen Tree||North-east of the Grand Tree||Allows easy access to the Barbarian Outpost and then the Lighthouse. Must have completed The Grand Tree. Cannot be failed.||0|
|38||Rocks||Al Kharid||Allows easy access into the desert mining area from the north end. Cannot be failed.||0|
|40||Balancing ledge||Yanille Agility dungeon||Gives access to the Chaos druid warriors. Drops you into a pit of Poison spiders if you fail.||22.5|
|41||Rocks||Trollheim||Allows easier travel around Trollheim.||0|
|42||Narrow crevice||Dwarven mine||Provides a shortcut between sections of the mine.||0|
|43||Rocks||Trollheim||Allows easier travel around Trollheim.||0|
|44||Rocks||Trollheim||Allows easier travel around Trollheim.||0|
|45||Log balance||Tirannwn||Allows passage between different parts of the forest.||0|
|46||Narrow walkway||Zanaris||Provides faster travel to the Cosmic altar. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||10|
|47||Rocks||Trollheim||Allows easier travel around Trollheim.||0|
|48||Log balance||North of Camelot||Provides faster travel between Camelot and Fremennik province. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||0|
|49||Pipe squeeze||Yanille Agility dungeon||Provides access to the closed chest. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||7.5|
|50||Slide||Grotworm Lair||Takes players to the lowest level of the lair, where mature grotworms reside, close to the entrance to the Queen Black Dragon. Warning: one aggressive grotworm spawns right at the bottom end of the slide.||0|
|51||Pipe squeeze||Varrock Sewers/Edgeville Dungeon||Allows passage between east Edgeville Dungeon and Moss giants in the Varrock Sewers. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||0|
|52||Stepping stones||Taverley||Allows quick access to the Taverley Dungeon||0|
|57||Monkey bars||Yanille Agility dungeon||Provides access to the Chaos druids deeper in the dungeon and a lockpick respawn. There's a chance of failing this shortcut and falling into a lower level crawling with poisonous spiders.||20|
|58||Weathered wall||Ectofuntus||Provides faster travel down to the pool of slime. Cannot be failed.||0|
|59||Rocks||Arandar||Allows faster travel over the elven pass.||4|
|60||Rocks||God Wars Dungeon||Shortcut between God Wars Dungeon and Trollheim. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||0|
|62||Narrow crevice||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||Shortcut between Basilisk area and Turoth area.||0|
|64||Rocks||Trollheim||Shortcut from Trollheim to level 20 Wilderness, but not back.||0|
|65||Loose railing||River Salve||Shorter path from Varrock to Canifis. Cannot be failed.||0|
|65||Jutting Wall||Meiyerditch dungeon||Shortcut from Myreque shortcut to Meiyerditch dungeon and the Blood altar. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||0|
|66||Narrow walkway||Zanaris||Much faster travel to the Cosmic altar. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||10|
|67||Pile of rubble||Yanille Agility dungeon||Access to Salarin the Twisted.||5.5|
|68||Rocks||Arandar||Allows faster travel over the elven pass. Cannot be failed.||4.5|
|70||Pipe squeeze||Taverley Dungeon||Quick passage between the entrance and the Blue dragon area. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||10|
|71||Plank||Slayer Tower||Allows access to the highest floor with Abyssal demons and Gargoyles.||10|
|74||Stepping Stone||Shilo Village||Shortcut allows crossing the river in Shilo, making it useful for fly fishing.||1.25|
|74||Tunnel||Shilo Village||Shortcut allows crossing underneath the northern fence of Shilo Village.||1.25|
|77||Gap||Kethsi||Shortcut allows access to a little more of Kethsi, and is required for completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat.||2|
|80||Strange floor||Taverley Dungeon||Shortcut between the entrance and the Poison spider area.||12.5|
|81||Chasm||Fremennik Slayer Dungeon||Shortcut between the Cave crawler area and the Pyrefiend area. There's a chance of taking a small amount of damage when using this shortcut.||0|
|85||Rocks||Arandar||Allows faster travel over the elven pass.||5|
|86||Wall||Kuradal's Dungeon||Shortcut between the northern caverns and the central cavern containing the Metal dragons||6|
|90||Wall||Kuradal's Dungeon||Shortcut between the central cavern containing the metal dragon and the southern caverns||6|
|92||Low wall||Port Phasmatys||Shortcut south-west of the bank allowing quicker access to the Viridian skillchompa hunting ground, Araxyte hive and phasmatatite rocks.||0|
|94||Crevice||Shilo Village mine||The shortcut leads to the hydrix dragons from the main entrance.||0|
Grapple shortcuts[edit | edit source]
Some agility shortcuts require a crossbow and mithril grapple in order to use. This equipment can be stored in hidey-holes near the shortcuts. The player will automatically use and return the equipment when using the shortcut in the future. The table below outlines the shortcuts and the materials required to build the hidey-holes. Grapples will occasionally break after use.
|Ranged Level||Obstacle||Location||Description||Required for Storage[G 1]|
|8||19||37||Broken raft||South of Lumbridge[G 2]||Provides a quicker route between Lumbridge Swamp and Al Kharid.||4 oak planks and a steel crossbow|
|11||37||19||Wall||Falador||Faster access from Falador to north entrance of Dwarven mines and Gunnarsgrunn.||4 planks, 4 nails and a bronze crossbow|
|32||35||35||Rock||East Catherby[G 3]||Allows easier passage from Catherby to Taverley. One way.||4 oak planks and an iron crossbow|
|36||22||39||Grapple Tree||North of Water Obelisk||Allows travel to Catherby from the Water obelisk island. One way.||4 teak planks and a mithril crossbow|
|39||38||21||Wall||South-west of Yanille||Provides easier access to Gu'Tanoth and southern areas.||4 planks, 4 nails and a bronze crossbow|
|53||21||42||Rock||Karamja||Provides easier travel between the Karamja volcano area and lower Karamja.||4 mahogany planks and a mithril crossbow|
|90||90||90||Unknown||Prifddinas Waterfall||Provides access to the fishing spots at the top of the waterfall.||4 mahogany planks, a rune crossbow and a mith grapple|
- ^ A mithril grapple is required for each hidey-hole. The player must also bring a hammer and saw, or have them in their tool belt.
- ^ Players who built this hidey-hole before the 15 March 2011 update will be able to check the hidey-hole for a note and 25 teak planks.
- ^ In order to build this hidey-hole, go to the Catherby side and click the option up on the cliff to build the storage space in the rocks on the ground.
Skill benefits[edit | edit source]
Players gain benefits in other skills by having a high Agility level.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
A high agility level gives a small chance to catch two tuna, swordfish, or sharks instead of one when Fishing. There’s no additional experience when this occurs. The requirement to catch two are: 35 for tuna, 50 for swordfish, and 76 for sharks. This ability does not work for Baron sharks.
Thieving[edit | edit source]
A high agility level gives a chance to pickpocket double, triple, or even quadruple the usual amount of loot when Thieving. There’s no additional experience when this occurs.
For the chance to pickpocket double the standard loot:
- Have at least 10 Thieving levels higher than the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC, and
- Have at least an Agility level equal to the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC
For the chance to pickpocket triple the standard loot:
- Have at least 20 Thieving levels higher than the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC, and
- Have at least 10 Agility levels higher than the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC
For the chance to pickpocket quadruple the standard loot:
- Have at least 30 Thieving levels higher than the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC, and
- Have at least 20 Agility levels higher than the minimum Thieving level required to pickpocket the NPC
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Players with high agility and Hunter levels can catch butterflies without using Butterfly nets. Hunter and agility experience is rewarded, but the players release the butterflies. This requires level 75 Agility and 80 Hunter for the Ruby butterfly, 80 Agility and 85 Hunter for the Sapphire butterfly, 85 Agility and 90 Hunter for the Snowy knight butterfly, and 90 Agility and 95 Hunter for the Black warlock butterfly.
Hunters can also use Agility to catch multiple skillchompas per trap.
Temporary boosts[edit | edit source]
|Image||Name||Boost||Level to obtain/use||Notes|
|Clan Citadel Battlefield||10||N/A||The player must walk on the powerup to activate it.|
|Yellow spicy stew||-5 to +5||25||Requires Recipe for Disaster: Freeing Evil Dave completion|
|God banner||5||N/A||Requires pledging allegiance to one of the god factions and completing the relevant set of tasks assigned by that god's emissary.|
Can only be used once a day for 30 minutes.
|Summer pie||5||95||Heals 2375 life points in two bites.|
|Abyssal Stealth||4||62||The Abyssal lurker's special move. Doesn't stack.|
|3||34||A standard potion.|
|Agility mix||3||37||Heals 600 life points per dose.|
|Tireless Run||2||52||The Spirit terrorbird's special move. Doesn't stack.|
|Agility cape||1||99||Requires Skill mastery to equip. Equip or operate for boost.|
|Jitterberry||2||86||Reduce defence by 1.|
|Stamina potion||6||77||Reduces energy drain rate for 6 minutes.|
|Vegetable-filled flatbread||1-8 (depending on level)||N/A||Discontinued Squeal of Fortune reward|
|Sour cream wrap||1-13 (depending on level)||N/A||Discontinued Squeal of Fortune reward|
Related boosts[edit | edit source]
|Oo'glog Salt-water spring||Access is a reward from quest, As a First Resort||Restores run energy to 100% every second for 10-25 minutes.|
Skill mastery[edit | edit source]
Level 99 as with all other skills (excluding Dungeoneering, Invention, Slayer, Herblore, Farming, and Archaeology) is the highest level you can achieve on Agility. The first person to achieve this was Thehate on 23 March 2003.
The Agility skillcape is dark blue, with a red trim if the player has more than one 99. It is also the only skillcape in the game that still has the old skill icon on it. The cape and hood can be purchased from Cap'n Izzy No-Beard at the Brimhaven Agility Arena for 99,000 coins. The Agility emote shows the player jumping from one brown pole to another then sliding down a third.
Skilling pet (Dojo Mojo)[edit | edit source]
Like all skills, there is a skilling pet obtainable from training this skill. The pet for the Agility skill is called Dojo Mojo.
Quests with an Agility requirement[edit | edit source]
- 10 - The Dig Site
- 12 - Curse of the Black Stone
- 13 - The Lost Tribe
- 15 - Haunted Mine
- 15 - Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
- 15 - Troll Stronghold
- 20 - Mountain Daughter
- 23 - Death to the Dorgeshuun
- 25 - Ghosts Ahoy
- 25 - The Grand Tree
- 25 - In Search of the Myreque
- 25 - Watchtower
- 26 - The Darkness of Hallowvale
- 28 - Troll Romance
- 29 - Legacy of Seergaze
- 30 - Cold War
- 30 - Crocodile Tears
- 30 - Dishonour among Thieves
- 30 - Evil Dave's Big Day Out
- 32 - Shilo Village
- 35 - Horror From the Deep
- 36 - Land of the Goblins
- 36 - One Small Favour
- 40 - The Fremennik Isles
- 40 - Royal Trouble
- 42 - Cabin Fever
- 45 - The Path of Glouphrie
- 46 - The Chosen Commander
- 48 - Recipe for Disaster
- 50 - Dealing with Scabaras
- 50 - Glorious Memories
- 50 - Legends' Quest
- 51 - Defender of Varrock
- 55 - Back to my Roots
- 56 - Regicide
- 58 - Azzanadra's Quest
- 59 - Grim Tales
- 60 - The Elder Kiln
- 60 - Kindred Spirits
- 60 - Rocking Out
- 61 - The Curse of Arrav
- 63 - The Branches of Darkmeyer
- 64 - The Firemaker's Curse
- 64 - The Prisoner of Glouphrie
- 69 - Within the Light
- 73 - Fate of the Gods
- 75 - Plague's End
- 77 - Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- 80 - The Light Within
- 83 - Pieces of Hate
Quests for Agility experience[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Gaps, Traps and Laps ( 20) – Complete each of the listed agility courses at least once.
- Perfectly Balanced:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 December 2020 (Update):
- Agility tasks in Yak Tracks will now allow players to complete any Agility course they meet the level requirement to use, instead of being scaled to the player's level.
- One progress point is now awarded per segment of the Anachronia Agility Course, since it's so massive compared to the others.
- Two new courses have been added to Agility tasks:
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Your agility level now affects your success chance when catching butterflies.
- ninja 2 October 2017 (Update):
- The animation issue triggered by climbing over low walls has now been fixed.
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- ninja 14 March 2016 (Update):
- Rebalanced a number of low-Level Agility courses to reduce failure rates and improve XP rates:
- Reduced the failure rates at the Ape Atoll Agility Course to make it a more viable course for lower levels.
- Agility Pyramid failure rates have been reduced for all obstacles. The bonus from completing the Medium Desert Tasks has also been increased to compensate.
- Increased the XP for completing a lap of the Agility Pyramid from 300 to 500.
- Greatly reduced the failure rates on the Penguin Agility course.
- Increased each obstacle's XP on the Penguin Agility course to represent the amount of time required to complete.
- Increased each obstacle's XP on the Barbarian Outpost Agility Course to better represent the level requirements.
- Completing a round of Werewolf Skullball in under 3 minutes now awards 900 XP, up from 750.
- Completing a round of Werewolf Skullball in over 3 minutes now always awards 750 XP, instead of a sliding scale of reduced XP.
- Rebalanced a number of low-Level Agility courses to reduce failure rates and improve XP rates:
- ninja 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Grappling over obstacles whilst wielding a salamander now has a new animation.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Gaining level 75 in the relevant skills for Plagues' End is now mentioned in the skill advance messages.
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- A height issue with the obstacle pipe in the Yanille Agility dungeon has been fixed.
- patch 27 May 2014 (Update):
- The Monastery of Ascension shortcuts and areas now appear in the Agility skill guide.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- patch 4 April 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to get Agility XP on a free world when climbing a ladder in the Wilderness.
- patch 17 January 2011 (Update):
- The Grand Tree's Agility requirement has been added to this skill's guide.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted the colour of an Agility shortcut gap to properly fade to black rather than grey.
- patch 13 October 2009 (Update):
- Clarified the usage of crystal equipment in the Agility skill guide.
- patch 2 September 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the incorrect description of an obstacle in the Rellekka Slayer Cave on the in-game Agility skillguide.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted the log model for the Agility shortcut near Sinclair Mansion.
- Removed bottlenecks for certain pipe squeezes on various Agility courses, so you no longer have to wait for other players to go through.
- The Agility skill guide has been updated to match the recent changes to the Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Corrected typos in the following: Hunt for Red Raktuber, Soul Wars Tutorial, the ex-ex-parrot, Mosol Rei's chat, Ana from the Tourist Trap quest, evil tree examines, Mourning's Ends 1 and 2 text, and a few Agility courses.
- Stopped code from preventing players with lower than required Agility from exiting the Penguin Agility Course.
- Stopped random events taking you from certain parts of the Advanced Barbarian Agility Course.
- The arrow in the Brimhaven Agility Arena will always update its location.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the stairs you couldn't reach in the Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Arena.
- Improved the animations in the Brimhaven Agility Arena, which appeared quite jerky due to a previous game engine change.
- Typos have been fixed in various places, including Agility messages, the Town Crier and the Missing my Mummy quest.
- patch 21 April 2009 (Update):
- Ensured that the Blast Furnace correctly depletes your run energy while training Agility.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each level of Agility will reduce the time needed to regenerate energy up to 100% for 1 second. So for every 10 levels of agility, the player's energy is 10 seconds faster. (A player with 70 agility will recharge his energy in just 1 minute and 47 seconds. Compare with an Agility Player 90, he will regenerate in just 1 minute and 27 seconds).[source needed]
- When you gain agility experience through Guthix's Tears mini-game, you get the message, "You feel lighter."
See also[edit | edit source]
- Agility training, a guide to training Agility
- Quest experience rewards - Agility
- Agility calculators
- Agility/Level up table