|Release||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Examine||You can attempt to discover and build inventions here.|
|Object ID||100873, 100874, 100875, 100876|
|doc • Talk page|
Inventor's workbenches are pieces of interactive scenery found in a selection of locations across Gielinor as part of the Invention skill. They have two options: Discover and Manufacture. Discover allows players to create blueprints for new devices or research certain components or concepts. Manufacture allows players to use their stored components to create new devices and equipment.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Inventor's workbenches can be found in 8 locations throughout the game, though the Invention Guild location is by far the most commonly used. The bench in Seers' Village is the closest to a lodestone. The bench in Keldagrim is the closest to a consistent teleport (excluding a max guild skill portal), being very close to the Keldagrim teleport of the luck of the Dwarves. Varrock Teleport brings the player a short distance east of one without the investment in the aforementioned ring. The bench in Seers' Village can be reached for no cost through the Lodestone Network, but is slower.
In the house with the furnace, west of the church.
On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of the guild. West of the Clan Camp, south-west of Falador.
On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] in the north-western part of the city, in Oldak's laboratory.
North-east of Falador's northern gate.
On the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] in the western part of the palace.
In the building that holds the entrance to the elemental workshop.
In the building with the anvils, south of the western bank.
In the hut with the anvils next to the bank
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 9 March 2020 (Update):
- A workbench, a loom, and a furnace have been added to the Crafting Guild.
- patch 14 September 2020 (Update):
- The 'blueprint hover' sound has been removed from the Inventor's Workbench.
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Mouseover text now updates for interactable locations which connect or change state, such as the Invention workbench and picked fruit trees.
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- Fixed a typo with the Yanille Inventor's workbench 'Manufacture' option.
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):