The Calorie bomb (empty) is an Invention device in the Dwarven technology tree. Discovering this device requires the player to have the blueprint unlocked from the Dwarven technology tree at level 60 Invention. To unlock a blueprint in a tier, at least one blueprint in the previous tier must be unlocked (though it doesn't have to be researched), and the calorie bomb costs a total of 70 Dwarven Currency to unlock at minimum. Success in creating the blueprints earns 32,284.5 Invention experience.
It can be filled with 5 of a chosen fish to charge it and then thrown to heal players in an area of effect. Fish choices are limited to the following:
Up to 4 other players within 2 squares of the user may be healed with a bomb, receiving health equivalent to the fish the bomb is charged with. The user will receive an extra 20% healing. Only one bomb may be deployed every 2 minutes, and only 1 bomb can heal players every 1 minute. Monsters caught in the blast will also receive healing, 5% of the monster's maximum life points.
Calorie bombs only have one use and is completely destroyed upon deployment, regardless of amount or number of players healed. Deploying a calorie bomb does not drain adrenaline, and the healing is not affected by expensive spices. Secondary effects from normally eating the fish are lost - cavefish cannot boost combat stats, and rocktail and sailfish calorie bombs cannot heal over maximum life points. The usual Constitution requirements for full healing still applies individually, regardless of who deployed the bomb.
Calorie bomb (empty)
|770 XP||100 XP||3 (1.8s) ||-|
| Invention level||60|
| Research: Calorie bomb (empty)|
| Members only|
|Organic parts||25||N/A||-|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Added Sailfish to the Calorie bomb description when discovering it.
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- Sailfish now work with Calorie bombs.
- patch 31 May 2016 (Update):
- You no longer lose adrenaline from clicking a calorie bomb when it is on cooldown.
- There is a visual glitch where some heal splashes sometimes don't display when the calorie bomb is deployed. Healing still occurs for up to four other people if they are eligible for it.
- Calorie bomb used to require 3 direct components and heal monsters for 10% of their health (which is still incorrectly stated by the pop-up message upon unlocking them), but the material requirement was removed and the amount healed was reduced to 5% on 5 September 2016.
- In the real world, a "calorie bomb" is a nickname for any food that contain an inordinate and usually unhealthy amount of calories, such as junk food or fast food.
- Interestingly, the device's name and appearance (a small container for combusting food in order to release energy) may be a reference to a bomb calorimeter. Food placed in the calorimeter is also ignited, but for the purpose of measuring its heat content.
- Originally, it required 1325 Inspiration to discover.