The woodcutting accumulator is an Invention device that gains charges whenever the player fails to woodcut. It gains 1% completion for a failed woodcutting action. When it is full, it can be studied for 2,500 Woodcutting experience, which destroys the accumulator. If Woodcutting accumulators are bought on the Grand Exchange, this gives them a cost of 17.12 coins/XP.
Using this device requires the completion of the Invention Tutorial and a charged Charge Pack. Discovering this device requires the player to have the blueprint unlocked from the cave goblin technology tree, and level 50 Invention. Success in creating the blueprints earns 18,257 Invention experience.
If auto-teleporting urns is toggled on, the accumulator is automatically studied when filled.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 29 February 2016 (Update):
- The XP output of the Invention skill accumulators has been increased from 1,000 XP to 2,500 XP.
- On 16 May 2016, the requirements for unlocking the ability to manufacture woodcutting accumulators was changed to level 50 Invention and 25 goblin currency from it's initial 60/80 Invention requirement.
- On 31 October 2016, the decorated woodcutting urn was released and replaced the strong woodcutting urn in the accumulator recipe.
- Originally, it required 1200 Inspiration to discover.