The kinetic cyclone is an Invention device that is a part of the Dwarven technology tree. It requires 55 Dwarven Currency and level 70 Invention to unlock. It is the melee variant of the dwarf multicannon. The kinetic cyclone takes up a 3x3 area of space when deployed, and it can attack all targets within a 5x5 area, dealing damage every 3 ticks. The experience gained from using the kinetic cyclone is dependent upon the player's Melee XP selection in their Combat Settings.
Success in creating the blueprints earns 52,591 Invention experience.
The kinetic cyclone requires cannonballs as fuel, consuming one every time it attacks (even if it hits multiple targets), and it has a cannonball capacity of 30. When active, any enemy that is in range will be repeatedly attacked by the spinning claws, and it can hit all enemies at once. It benefits from the same perks as the dwarf multicannon if unlocked, increasing the cannonball capacity to 60 or 90 and allowing it to restock automatically if the player is in range.
If destroyed, it will need to be rebuilt. If lost, you will receive a message stating it was destroyed but that you can reclaim it from Nulodion, located near the entrance to the Dwarven Mine south of Ice Mountain. However, it can be used indefinitely if you keep picking it up and re-deploying it when you receive the decay warning.
It can be upgraded with a Kinetic cyclone upgrade kit which increases its damage by 50% at a cost of 2,767,842.
|2,760 XP||400 XP||?||-|
| Invention level||70|
| Discover: Kinetic cyclone|
| Members only|
|Plated parts||150||1,410||[r 1]211,500|
|Heavy components||15||21,640||[r 2]324,600|
|Sharp components||15||15,630||[r 3]234,450|
|Total price||775,994|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 20 September 2021 (Update):
- All Multicannons now have a tooltip stating their maximum damage.
- hotfix 9 August 2021 (Update):
- The extra damage from Dwarf Multicannon Upgrade Kits will now only be applied after the upgrade has been unlocked.
- patch 26 July 2021 (Update):
- As you smash through the fearsome Nodon armies, you could be lucky enough to find special upgrade kits based on the Nodon's Siege Cannon technology. Each of these three kits can be used on your Dwarf Multicannon, Kinetic Cyclone or Oldak Coil to amp up their damage. The Dwarf multicannon also comes with an impressive new look!
- hotfix 25 May 2021:
- Update of 24 May 2021 introduced a bug, where it was no longer possible to set-up and place Dwarven and Invention multicannons in several allowed instanced areas. This has been hotfixed.
- patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
- Due to a bug, Oldak coils and Kinetic cyclones can now be reclaimed from Nulodion near the entrance to the Dwarven Mine, if Nulodion cannot find your registered cannon/coil/cyclone on your current world.
- patch 29 January 2018 (Update):
- Dwarven and Invention multi-cannons can now be reloaded and repaired (resetting their despawn time) by left-clicking them.
- The upper part of the device consisting part of a black orb, topped with a crown, appears to be inspired by King Bob-omb from the Mario franchise, given its similar look.
- Originally, it required 1,725 inspiration to discover.