|Actions||Use, Collect, Examine|
|Examine||I can store my items here.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|doc • Talk page|
A bank chest is an interactive scenery item that allows quick access to a player's bank account, usually found in remote locations or places where a normal bank would not fit. Like any other banking facility it is indicated with a bank icon (). Selecting "collect" on the right-click menu allows a player to access Grand Exchange offers and the lent items box.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Bank chests can be found in the following locations:
- The Arc
- Ashdale Caves (Dead Man's Chest)
- Black Knights' Fortress
- Blast Furnace
- Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza lobby
- Castle Wars
- Champions' guild basement
- Clan Camp
- Death's office
- Deep Sea Fishing hub
- Dominion Tower
- Dream of Iaia (requires completion of Extinction)
- Het's Oasis
- Explorer's aura monster and resource caves
- Artisans' Workshop
- Gamers' Grotto (at Clan Wars)
- Gorajo resource dungeon (deposit only)
- Grim Underworld (during and after Nomad's Elegy)
- Lumbridge Castle (in the cellar after starting Recipe for Disaster, no collection box access)
- Lumbridge Crater (specific location may change during Events)
- Lumbridge Market
- May's Quest Caravan (only after spending 125 cumulative points on the quest track)
- Memorial to Guthix
- Neitiznot (no collection box access)
- Player-owned farm (only after purchase)
- Player-owned ports (only after sufficient minigame progression)
- Rush of Blood
- Shantay Pass
- Soul Wars
- Sinkholes (no Collection Box access)
- Tuska's corpse
- Wizards' Tower (deposit only; cannot deposit Runes.)
- Yeti Town (requires partial completion of Violet is Blue)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 17 March 2014 (Update):
- The bank chest near the Armadyl camp, south of Falador, is back again.
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- Players stood at the Burthorpe, Castle Wars, Player-Owned Ports, or Soul Wars bank chests, or stood near the bankers at Dungeoneering * or Nex's prison, will now be healed when switching armours.
- patch 4 June 2013 (Update):
- The bank chest under Lumbridge Castle now has a 'collect' option for the Grand Exchange.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There once was a banking chest on Dragontooth Island, but was removed by Jagex because of a "non-removable bug." This bug caused players to lose anything they put in the bank chest the next day.
- During the 2011 Easter event, the bank chest in the Land of Holly and Hawthorn had "Interest rates have been frozen" as its examine info.
- These chests used to be very popular for training skills at a bank, because they can be opened with a left-click. This advantage was applied to bankers on 17 December 2013, making bankers and chests equally advantageous.