|Release||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||You cannot destroy this item until you complete the Invention tutorial.|
|Backpack||Add to tool belt, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept|
|Added to your toolbelt, provides power to all equipped Invention devices.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The charge pack acts as a universal battery for augmented items. It is the first invention the player makes in the Invention Tutorial and is added to the tool belt. It therefore cannot be dropped and is kept on death even if the player is skulled and dies with it.
It is half-charged at 100,000 when players create it. A divine charge can be used to add 3,000 charge. Each unit of charge costs 31.48 coins when using charges bought at Grand Exchange median price.
Even if the charge pack depletes, augmented equipment still retains its gizmos and experience and can still be equipped. However, augmented items no longer offer any bonuses without charges, get tier 1 stats, all perks become inactive, and weapons that use the charge pack, such as the Augmented Zaros godsword, have their special attack become unusable. Augmented items do not level up without charges.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Research: Charge pack|
Research[edit | edit source]
Maximum charge improvement[edit | edit source]
This set of research increases the maximum number of charges that can be stored in the charge pack.
Charge drain reduction[edit | edit source]
This set of research decreases the drain rate of augmented items by a flat rate. See below for the full formula.
These upgrades can be boosted by an Invention potion,Super invention potion or Extreme Invention potion
Charge drain[edit | edit source]
Most augmented items (whether or not they have gizmos) no longer use the equipment degradation system, and instead drain charge from the central charge pool each second of combat (this applies even to items that did not degrade before augmentation). This rate depends on the item that has been augmented, and can be reduced by researching charge drain reduction. Some augmented items (such as those from the Trimmed masterwork set) still degrade normally instead of using charges from the universal charge pack.
The current drain rate for an augmented item is displayed in the Check right-click option. This shows both the drain rate of the item checked and the total drain rate of all worn augmented items.
During combat with augmented items (or skilling with a relevant augmented tool), charge is drained similarly to how non-augmented degradable items degrade. Each hit dealt or taken (ability or otherwise), or each skilling action, 6 ticks (3.6 seconds) of charges are drained at once, with a 6-tick cooldown before more can be drained. This means that charges can be wasted easily: for example, six ticks of charges are used to kill an imp, even if it is killed in one tick.
On death, any augmented equipment which is not protected will drain two hours worth of drain rate when it is recovered; e.g. if a 1 charge/second drain weapon is not protected, it drains 7200 charges on recovery.
Drain reduction[edit | edit source]
The charge drain rate of an augmented item depends primarily on the item's tier and slot, but it is reduced by several factors:
- Charge drain reduction researched reduces charge drain of all items
- Items level 5 and higher drain charge 10% slower
- Items with the efficient perk drain charge 6% per rank slower
- The Invention cape (or its trimmed variant) provides a 2% drain reduction when worn.
Charge drain rate is displayed to two decimal places, but is actually calculated to at least 3 or 4 and rounded down when displayed.
Formula[edit | edit source]
The charges drained per second follows:
- is the applied tier of a tier item. Tier 70 and above items will use their equipment tier for the calculation; any item below tier 70 will use 67.
- is the slot modifier:
- is the charge drain reduction modifier for current research:
- is the Equipment level modifier from the item's level
- is the Efficient/Enhanced Efficient modifier. For a rank efficient perk (if multiple gizmos contain efficient on a single item, only use the highest ranked)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that was causing empty charge pack messages to appear whilst excavating without an augmented item.
- hotfix 18 September 2017 (Update):
- A message about having no charge now only appears if a player has unlocked Invention.
- patch 6 March 2017 (Update):
- Two warning messages have been added if you have less than 30 or 60 minutes of charge remaining in your charge pack.
- If you enter a boss instance with less than an hour remaining on your charge pack you'll see a warning message.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- Messages that mentioned 'less than 500 runes' or 'less than 60 minutes of charge' have been tweaked to now say 'fewer than'.
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- The charge drain-rate when viewed via the charge pack on the tool belt will now display correctly.
- The charge drain-rate of augmented weapons has been adjusted as follows:
- Main-hand weapon - 100% drain rate
- Off-hand weapon - 50% drain rate
- 2-handed weapon - 150% drain rate
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- The check invention UI for augmented equipment now correctly displays drain rates per second rather than per game tick. This might look like the drain rate has increased but it is only a display change and not a numerical increase to drain rates. The "Time left" field was always correct, this hasn't changed.