|Release||18 September 2017 (Update)|
|Destroy||You must manufacture another one at an Invention workbench.|
|High alch||6,000 coins|
|Low alch||4,000 coins|
|Separates an augmented item from its gizmos without dissolving either.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The equipment separator is a device available at level 115 Invention. It can be used on augmented items of equipment level 15 and above to remove the gizmos from the item, while retaining the item level/XP present, without destroying either the gizmos or items, destroying the separator in the process. If the item in question has a level of 17 or 19, there is a 25% and 50% chance respectively for the separator to be saved.
Using a separator removes all gizmos from the item - unlike a gizmo dissolver, which targets just one and does not return the gizmo.
If players want to save expensive gizmos from an augmented item and also disassemble it for materials, players can simply disassemble the item at level 8 or higher. This will recover all the gizmos from the item, as well as gain XP and materials by disassembling the item. An equipment separator is not required in this case.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Research: Equipment separator|
|Clear parts||400||376||[r 1]150,400|
|Ethereal components||35||55,342||[r 2]1,936,970|
|Precious components||35||6,747||[r 3]236,145|
|Protective components||35||18,728||[r 4]655,480|
|Undead components||2||2,064,627||[r 5]4,129,254|
- ^ Price based on the GE value of Unpowered orb as the cheapest price per component. See RS:Material prices § Clear parts for details.
- ^ Price based on the average cost per material of several items. See RS:Material prices § Ethereal components for details.
- ^ Price based on the GE value of Ring of slaying as the cheapest price per component. See RS:Material prices § Precious components for details.
- ^ Price based on the GE value of Hard leather shield as the cheapest price per component. See RS:Material prices § Protective components for details.
- ^ Price based on the average cost per material of several items. See RS:Material prices § Undead components for details.
Price estimation[edit | edit source]
With junk reduction 9, here are some estimated prices - see calculators for more options:
- 400 clear (lantern lens): 596,785 (calc)
- 35 ethereal (portent of restoration VIII): 832,126 (calc)
- 35 precious (ring of slaying): 236,232 (calc)
- 35 protective (leather shield): 600,511 (calc)
- 2 undead (vengeful kiteshield level 9+): 1,969,718 (calc)
Total cost of a separator: 4,235,371
Thus you should use a separator if making a new gizmo with the same perk would cost more than this. Otherwise, using a gizmo dissolver and re-making the perk would be better.
Some common high-value gizmos which warrant using a separator include:
- Biting 3 (or higher)
- Scavenging 4
- Aftershock 1 (or higher)
- Furnace 3
- Caroming 3 (or higher)
- Precise 4 + Equilibrium 2 (combination gizmo) (or higher)
- Crackling 3 + Venomblood (combination gizmo) (or higher)
- Fortune 3
- Honed 6
- Planted Feet
- Relentless 5 + Crackling 4 (combination gizmo)
- Devoted 4 + Impatient 4 (combination gizmo)
- Equilibrium 4 + Ruthless 3 (combination gizmo)
- Caroming 4 + Equilibrium 2 (combination gizmo)
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Fixed a typo when using an equipment separator on a non-augmented item.