|Release date||5 December 2005 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Near any Farming patch|
|Gender||Both male and female leprechauns.|
|Examine||Looks after your farming tools.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Tool leprechauns are non-player characters found wandering near Farming patches around Gielinor. They provide three basic functions: store Farming tools, exchange harvested items into banknotes, and are portals to the Vinesweeper minigame. They are replaced by tool elves in Isafdar.
They will store many of the tools that players use for Farming, but they will not store seeds or crops. The tools stored are available to all the leprechauns. Leprechaun Larry (found on Troll Stronghold) sells an assortment of Farming-related items.
All Tool leprechauns can carry various Farming tools for you and you can retrieve them from any leprechaun:
- Farming rake - for removing weeds.
- Seed dibber - to plant any seed except trees.
- Watering can - to water vegetables, flowers, and hops as well as tree seedlings.
- All-purpose spade - for harvesting or clearing patches. Used to remove dead plants.
- Gardening trowel - for filling a plant pot with soil and putting a tree seed into a plant pot.
- Secateurs - for pruning diseased trees or removing Willow branches.
- Empty buckets (up to 255)
- Normal compost (up to 255)
- Supercompost (up to 1,000)
- Ultracompost (up to 1,000)
- Plant cure (up to 255)
- Scarecrows (up to 5)
- Planks (up to 255)
A very useful feature of the tool leprechaun is that he or she will swap harvested crops for banknotes if the player uses the item on it—this includes clean herbs. The one exception to this is the leprechaun at South Falador allotment, who will refuse to exchange cabbages, claiming that the whole farm stinks of them. Leprechauns will NOT note nightshades. Also, it is impossible to exchange logs of any sort into banknotes.
Leprechauns can also automatically add ultracompost, supercompost, or compost as soon as a patch is cleared. Payment must be done before a patch is cleared, or else the leprechaun will not auto add compost. This costs 500 coins per compost, 1500 coins per supercompost, and 2500 coins per ultracompost. Up to 60,000 can be queued for auto adding. It is required to also store composts, supercompost and/or ultracompost with the leprechaun for this work and the player will be notified when the last compost/super/ultracompost is used.
Leprechauns, except for the Leprechaun on Harmony Island and Leprechaun Larry, can also teleport players to the Vinesweeper minigame. To do this, players can right-click on it and select 'teleport'. The leprechaun will then say "Avach nimporto!", and the player will arrive at the minigame. There is a portal north-east of the farmhouse to return to the patch.
Leprechauns[edit | edit source]
|Canifis (Mushroom patch)
Ardougne (Jade Vine patch)
|Lumbridge (Wood Tree patch)
Port Sarim (Spirit Tree patch)
|Lumbridge (Hop patch)
Seers' Village (Hop patch)
|Draynor Manor (Belladonna patch)
Yanille (Hop patch)
Varrock (Wood Tree patch)
|Taverley (Wood Tree patch)
Ardougne (Bush patch)
Entrana (Hop patch)
|Al Kharid (Cactus patch)
Menaphos (Cactus patch)
|Falador Park (Wood Tree patch)
Rimmington (Bush patch)
|Draynor Village (Allotment)
Etceteria (Bush patch)
|Karamja (Calquat Tree patch)
Harmony Island (Allotment)
|Brimhaven (Fruit Tree patch)|
|Herblore Habitat (Fruit tree, vine bush, vine flower & vine herb patches)|
|In the wilderness, at the western ruins.|
|A tree in Lumbridge Swamp during the Lost City quest.|
|Near My Arm's disease-free herb patch.|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Removed the word 'farming' when adding items to either the Tool Leprechaun's farming store or Lady Ithell's Crystal Seed storage. They both had the word farming in the phrase when storing items because they ran through a similar check, but it's pretty obvious which one you're looking at so there's no need to mention farming!
- patch 1 October 2018 (Update):
- Players can now store tools with tool leprechauns by using objects on them.
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- The storage options for the Tool Leprechaun have been slightly tweaked, making item retrieval default from storage to un-noted with a right click option to retrieve noted items where applicable.
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- The tool leprechaun at the Lumbridge hops patch now appears in f2p worlds.
- ninja 1 February 2016 (Update):
- Tool leprachauns are after your gold! They will now agree to automatically fertilise your Farming patches, using the compost or supercompost you have stored with them, when you either harvest, clear or weed a patch. They are charging 500gp for compost and 1,500gp for supercompost - no refunds!.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the player attempts to exchange a non-notable item the leprechaun will say, "Nay, I've got no banknotes to exchange for that item" or if it cannot be a note, "Nay, I can't turn that into a banknote."
- Also, when the player attempts to exchange a banknote, the leprechaun will exclaim, "That IS a banknote!"
- Prior to 27 May 2009, all Leprechauns looked alike. Now there are several different models for leprechauns including Leprechauns seated in wheelbarrows, without hats, wearing desert or Karamja clothes, wielding magic wands, and even female Leprechauns were introduced.
- While doing the Lost City Quest talking to a tool leprechaun will result in them mentioning someone knocking Shamus out of his tree.
- At least one of the unnamed leprechauns is named Patrick as revealed in Postbag from the Hedge 38.
- If a system update occurs while cutting an evil tree the rewards can be claimed from a tool leprechaun because the evil tree will be gone.
- The Tool Leprechaun at the Farming patch just South of Falador's wall will not turn your cabbages into bank notes for you. Probably due to the fact there is a huge cabbage field south of the Farming patch.
- Sometime during March/April 2012, the Leprechauns in the Falador Park and Rimmington areas had their magic wands updated to have colourful particle effects instead of a trail of rainbows.
- Tool leprechauns appear to have a symbol on their chest when bloom is turned on.
- Before 24 July 2017 the tool leprechauns could only store up to 255 supercompost and no planks.
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear|