The mining accumulator is an Invention device that gains charges whenever the player lands a critical strike whilst Mining. When it reaches 100% completion, it can be studied for 2,500 Mining experience, which destroys the accumulator. If Mining accumulators are bought on the Grand Exchange, this gives them a cost of 12.53 coins/XP.
Using this device requires the completion of the Invention Tutorial and a charged Charge Pack. Discovering this device requires the player to have the blueprint unlocked from the dwarven technology tree, and level 50 Invention. To unlock a blueprint in a tier, at least one blueprint in the previous tier must be unlocked (though it doesn't have to be researched). Success in creating the blueprints earns 18,257 Invention experience.
If auto-teleporting urns is toggled on, the accumulator is automatically studied when filled.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- The mining accumulator now gains charge whenever the player gets a critical swing when mining.
- ninja 29 February 2016 (Update):
- The XP output of the Invention skill accumulators has been increased from 1,000 XP to 2,500 XP.
- On 16 May 2016, the requirements for unlocking the ability to manufacture mining accumulators was changed to level 50 Invention and 25 dwarven currency from its initial 60/80 Invention requirement.
- Originally, it required 1,200 Inspiration to discover.