An ancient weapon gizmo shell is an upgraded version of a weapon gizmo shell that is discovered from Archaeology. It can be filled with materials to generate perks, consuming the shell to make an ancient weapon gizmo.
In comparison to regular gizmos, ancient gizmos:
- Have 9 material slots instead of 5
- Allow use of ancient materials
- Allow most 'positive' perks to reach a higher rank (that is not possible in normal gizmos), for example Precise 6 can only be obtained in an ancient weapon gizmo
- Have a higher 'invent_budget'
- Reduce the values of the 'base' and 'roll' for all non-ancient materials by multiplying by 0.8
See Calculator:Perks#Perk generation for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- Tweaked the look for ancient gizmos so they are easier to tell apart from standard gizmos.