|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Location||South-west of Falador|
|No. of stores/banks||1|
|Required level||40 Crafting|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Crafting Guild is located south-west of Falador and north of Rimmington. Level 40 Crafting is required to enter the guild.
There are several methods of reaching the Crafting Guild. A skills necklace or a modified artisan's bandana may be used to teleport directly to the guild, which is the fastest method of reaching it. The Clan vexillum can teleport the player to the Clan Camp, east of the guild. Any teleport to Rimmington, such as to the house portal, or the Port Sarim lodestone are also close by. Members may opt to use any balloon to land just right outside the guild.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
When players enter the guild, they are greeted by the Master Crafter. If talked to, he will tell the players that "accomplished crafters come here to use our top notch workshops". He also sells the Crafting cape for 99,000 coins to members who have achieved level 99 Crafting.
Two Almost Master Crafters sells basic Crafting tools in their shop, Crafting Guild Supplies.
The ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] contains various decorations, four potter's wheels for making unfired clay items, a pottery oven to harden the unfired clay items, a furnace for smelting bars, casting jewellery and melting glass, a sink, an Inventor's workbench, and a spiral staircase leading to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
Mine[edit | edit source]
To the east of the guild is a fenced off open-cast mine that includes gold rocks, clay rocks, and silver rocks. A Shooting Star may occasionally land in the mine.
Animals[edit | edit source]
A fenced area west and south of the guild building contains cows. This area does not require players to have level 40 Crafting, meaning any player can fight the cows, gaining combat experience for killing cows and Prayer experience for burying their bones.
1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US][edit | edit source]
The 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] contains a Tanner who will tan players' hides, a loom for weaving, a spinning wheel for various items like wool or flax.
Useful nearby locations[edit | edit source]
While the guild itself does not stock sheep, there is a handy flock wandering free immediately to the north, just outside the Makeover Mage's house. There is a bank chest nearby at the Clan camp.
Uses[edit | edit source]
The Crafting Guild is used to mine silver and gold for further processing into jewellery, is one of the best locations for crafting pottery (given the water source, wheel, oven and clay rocks), and is also used for leather-crafting given the nearby cow field, tanner and Rimmington's general store.
For free players, this is one of the best places to mine gold and silver ore. Players can bank fairly closely east of the guild at the chest located near the Clan Camp. Falador west mine also contains silver rocks, has no requirements and is only marginally further away from the Clan Camp bank chest. Dwarven Mine resource dungeon is significantly faster for mining gold rocks, but requires 15 Dungeoneering.
The mine is also one of the many places where shooting stars can land from the Shooting Star Distraction and Diversion.
Deposit box[edit | edit source]
Members can use the bank deposit box in the guild itself upon the completion of the Falador hard achievements.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 November 2020 (Update):
- The face texture of Tanner, the Crafting Guild NPC, will no longer appear to be two different colours.
- update 9 March 2020 (Update):
- The Crafting Guild has been revamped:
- More workbenches.
- A loom has been added upstairs.
- A furnace has been added.
- The Almost Master Crafter NPC's have been added and sell crafting supplies.
- The Crafting Guild has been revamped:
- ninja 4 February 2014 (Update):
- An equipped brown apron is no longer required to enter the Crafting Guild.
- A deposit box has been added to the Crafting Guild for those who have completed the Falador hard tasks.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- It is now possible to enter the Crafting Guild without an apron with the Falador hard task set complete.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- The workbench in the Crafting Guild no longer sticks up through the ceiling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although you were originally required to have a brown apron to enter, the master crafters in the guild wore white aprons at the time.
- Linza can sometimes be found in the Crafting Guild.
- From 9 March 2020 to 23 March 2020, the guild opened its doors to all players in regardless of Crafting level, and hosted the Master Crafting event during which players could earn master crafting patches that could be turned in to the Master Crafter for rewards and added a temporary bank chest. A loom, a furnace, and an inventor's workbench are permanently added. The guild was graphically updated as well.
- The plants in the guild has the examine text "Moonlights as a crime green investigator.", a reference to crime scene investigation.