|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Location||South-west of Falador|
|No. of stores/banks||1|
|Required level||40 Crafting|
|Infobox • Talk page|
There are several methods of reaching the Crafting Guild. A skills necklace or a modified artisan's bandana may be used to teleport directly to the guild, which is the fastest method of reaching it. The Clan vexillum can teleport the player to the Clan Camp, west of the guild. Any teleport to Rimmington, such as to the house portal, or the Port Sarim lodestone are also close by. Members may opt to use any balloon to land just right outside the guild.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
When players enter the guild, they are greeted by the master crafter. If talked to, he will tell the players that "accomplished crafters come here to use our top notch workshops". He also sells the Crafting Cape of Accomplishment for 99,000 coins to members who have achieved level 99 Crafting.
The ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] contains various decorations, four potter's wheels for making unfired clay items, a pottery oven to harden the unfired clay items, a furnace for smelting bars, casting jewellery and melting glass, a sink and a spiral staircase leading to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
Mine[edit | edit source]
To the east of the guild is a fenced off open-cast mine that includes gold rocks, clay rocks, and silver rocks. This mine holds the largest amount of gold ore, silver ore, and clay for free players, making it a fairly popular mine considering the very close proximity to a smelting furnace. The gold in the mine was commonly mined by macroers or gold farmers on F2P worlds in the past. A Shooting Star may occasionally land in the mine.
Animals[edit | edit source]
A fenced area west and south of the guild building contains cows. This area does not require players to have level 40 Crafting, meaning any player can fight the cows. Players can bring the cow hides to the tanner on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the guild to have them tanned and work them into leather items. They would then stock them in the bank, sell them in the general store in Rimmington to the south, or simply drop them. Leather is considered by many the best way to train the Crafting skill at lower levels, and it also gives combat experience for killing cows and Prayer experience for burying their bones (unless cowhides have been acquired some other way), Crafting experience for making leather or hard leather items, and coins for selling these items.
1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US][edit | edit source]
Useful nearby locations[edit | edit source]
Uses[edit | edit source]
The Crafting Guild is used to mine silver and gold for further processing into jewellery, is one of the best locations for crafting pottery (given the water source, wheel, oven and clay rocks), and is also used for leather-crafting given the nearby cow field, tanner and Rimmington's general store. For free players, this is one of the best places to mine gold and silver ore, especially if the user has an explorer's ring 3. Players can bank fairly closely west of the guild at the chest located near the Clan Camp. Members can use the bank deposit box in the guild itself upon the completion of the Falador hard achievements. The mine is also one of the many places where shooting stars can land from the Shooting Star Distraction and Diversion.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 9 March 2020 (Update):
- ninja 4 February 2014 (Update):
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- It is now possible to enter the Crafting guild without an apron with the Falador hard task set complete.
- update 10 May 2002 (Update):
- Free users also now have access to the crafting guild.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although you were originally required to have a brown apron to enter, the master crafters in the guild wore white aprons at the time.
- Linza can sometimes be found in the Crafting Guild.
- From 9 March 2020 to 23 March 2020, the guild opened its doors to all players in regardless of crafting level, and hosted the Master Crafting event during which players could earn master crafting patches that could be turned in to the Master Crafter for rewards. They also added a temporary bank chest, and permanent looms, a furnace, and an inventor's workbench. The guild was graphically updated as well.