Variable components are uncommon materials used in the Invention skill.
The cheapest sources are harralander tar (285) and pure essence (50). However, harralander tar produces 2.89 to 7.7 times as many variable components on average (depending on junk chance reduction). Thus, it can be a better time investment while maintaining a relatively negligible difference in the cost per material obtained. (Use the cost per material or efficiency calculation in the linked calculator below for more specifics.)
Should you choose to use the Rune Essence mine as a source for pure essence, it is important to note that you can't disassemble there. You can disassemble in the Lunar Isle mine, which also has pure essence.
- Full list: Category:Items that disassemble into Variable components
- Calculator: Calculator:Disassembly by material/Variable
|Perk||Gizmos||Perk ranks available with X materials|
|Standard Gizmo||Ancient Gizmo|
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.