A mechanised chinchompa is an Invention device that is a high-level multi-target stackable Ranged thrown weapon requiring level 75 Ranged to use. Manufacturing this device requires the player having unlocked and discovered the blueprint from the cave goblin technology tree, as well as having level 50 Invention. Success in creating the blueprints earns 18,257 Invention experience.
Like the standard and red chinchompas, mechanised chinchompas share the same traits as them (3x3 AoE from main target), apart from the increased accuracy and damage as they are tier 75 thrown weaponry. As such, they are not retained by Ava's devices or the ranged skillcape's effect.
Classified as chinchompa thrown weaponry, they modify the following abilities:
- Bleeds inflicted from Fragmentation and Corruption Shot applies random damage to each target. Corruption Shot's effect will not overlap on two monsters initially struck in this manner, but can still spread to other monsters not struck by the initial attack.
- Sacrifice will only heal off the main target, regardless of how many targets are hit.
- Onslaught hits all available targets, draining 25% adrenaline per monster struck before applying punishment damage as usual.
- Tuska's Wrath will only hit the current target if on a slayer task.
- Bombardment and Ricochet are unaffected.
Despite being significantly inferior to a stronger main-hand weapon, mechanised chinchompas are still superior as long as multiple enemies are being hit. They are popular to use in areas like Elite Dungeons and Barrows: Rise of the Six.
Unlike standard and red chinchompas, if the player dies in an unsafe area with mechanised chinchompas equipped or in their inventory, all of the chinchompas being held or carried will be lost and cannot be reclaimed from Death or the grave. Therefore, bring a minimum amount of mechanised chinchompas (preferably less than 15), and a ring of death.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- The Invention requirement for mechanised chinchompas has been removed from the Ranged Skill Guide.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Players no longer require level 75 Ranged to unlock the Mechanised Chinchompa blueprint, as this requirement is not necessary to produce the item.
- Despite the wield requirement and accuracy, mechanised chinchompas have damage approximately equal to a tier 81.5 weapon.
- If attempting to release more than four chinchompas a confirmation message will pop up.
- Its examine is a reference to a line from The Six Million Dollar Man.
- On 16 May 2016, the requirements for unlocking the ability to manufacture mechanised chinchompa was changed to level 50 Invention and 25 Goblin Currency from its initial 78/98 Invention requirement.
- Mechanised chinchompas were made in batches of 5, but this was changed to 50 on 5 September 2016 to rebalance the usefulness of this item.