A mechanised chinchompa is an Invention device that is a high-level multi-target stackable Ranged thrown weapon requiring level 75 Ranged to use. Manufacturing this device requires the player having unlocked and discovered the blueprint from the cave goblin technology tree, as well as having level 50 Invention. Success in creating the blueprints earns 18,257 Invention experience.
Despite being significantly inferior to a stronger main-hand weapon, mechanised chinchompas are still superior as long as multiple enemies are being hit. They are popular to use in areas like Elite Dungeons and Barrows: Rise of the Six.
Mechanised chinchompa ×50
|7,150 XP||-||5 (3s) ||557,500|
| Invention level||50|
| Discover: Mechanised chinchompas|
| Members only|
|Plated parts||65||1,407||[r 1]91,455|
|Connector parts||65||2,470||[r 2]160,550|
|Living components||5||40,413||[r 3]202,065|
|Profit||-22,570|This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 November 2020 (Update):
- Mechanised chinchompas will no longer be lost on death and can be reclaimed from Death or from Gravestones.
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- The Invention requirement for mechanised chinchompas has been removed from the Ranged Skill Guide.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- Players no longer require level 75 Ranged to unlock the Mechanised Chinchompa blueprint, as this requirement is not necessary to produce the item.
- Despite the wield requirement and accuracy, mechanised chinchompas have damage approximately equal to a tier weapon.
- If attempting to release more than four chinchompas a confirmation message will pop up.
- Its examine is a reference to a line from The Six Million Dollar Man.
- On 16 May 2016, the requirements for unlocking the ability to manufacture mechanised chinchompa was changed to level 50 Invention and 25 Goblin Currency from its initial 78/98 Invention requirement.
- Mechanised chinchompas used to be made in batches of 5. This was changed to 50 on 5 September 2016 to rebalance the cost of creating them.