A mechanised chinchompa is an Invention device that is a high-level multi-target stackable Ranged thrown weapon requiring level 75 Ranged to use.
Discovering this device requires the player to have the blueprint unlocked from the cave goblin technology tree, and level 50 Invention. Success in creating the blueprints earns 18,257 Invention experience.
They can hit up to 9 targets in a 3x3 area. They cannot be retrieved after being thrown and Ava's devices (attractor, accumulator, alerter) do not return them. Sacrifice will deal area damage, but would only heal according to the damage taken by the main target. Damage over time effects will be applied to all targets initially in the area.
If a player dies in an unsafe area with mechanised chinchompas equipped or in their inventory, all of the chinchompas will be lost and cannot be retrieved.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- Animations for wielding chinchompas have been updated.
- Despite the wield requirement and accuracy, mechanised chinchompas have damage approximately equal to a tier 81.5 weapon.
- If attempting to release more than four chinchompas a confirmation message will pop up.
- Its examine is a reference to a line from The Six Million Dollar Man.
- On 16 May 2016, the requirements for unlocking the ability to manufacture mechanised chinchompa was changed to level 50 Invention and 25 Goblin Currency from its initial 78/98 Invention requirement.
- Mechanised chinchompas were made in batches of 5, but this was changed to 50 on 5 September 2016 to rebalance the usefulness of this item.