Limestone is a raw material used in Crafting and Divination, as well as in quests. It can either be mined, or purchased from Razmire Keelgan's builders store in Mort'ton for 10 coins.
Limestone can be crafted into limestone bricks with 12 Crafting (giving 6 Crafting experience) when used with a chisel, although it may accidentally become a rock. The chance of failure drops with Crafting level, and at level 40+ it is impossible to fail. Limestone bricks has multiple significant uses, including Construction.
Limestone is required in the Regicide quest to craft quicklime; required to make a barrel bomb. It is also used in Divination, creating various signs of respite.
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
There are only two locations at which limestone can be mined:
Mining limestone in the quarry near the Paterdomus is one of the easy Varrock Tasks. Mining limestone in Arandar is one of the easy Tirannwn Tasks. When you finish the easy Tirannwn tasks, Meredith at the Arandar mine will buy your limestone at 50% of the GE price.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- Limestone, crafting limestone bricks and 'rock' are now available to free players.
- patch 9 November 2009 (Update):
- You can now chisel limestone in larger quantities without repetitive clicking.
- If used on a Furnace, or left-clicking a furnace with it in inventory, a "Would you like to place limestone in the furnace?" prompt shows up, and if "Yes" is chosen, the text "I see no reason put this in the furnace." will appear. Previously, this would inflict 80 life points of damage.
- Its use in signs of respite is likely a reference to gravestones often being made of limestone in real life, even though gravestones cannot be made by players in RuneScape.