For other variants of this item, see standard
The Enhanced fishing rod-o-matic is an enhanced fishing tool that can be made at level 93 Invention after the player has used an 'Ancient tools' blueprint. The item is similar to the Fishing rod-o-matic but it disassembles at tier 80 instead of tier 70, which awards more Invention experience upon disassembly. As a higher tier item, it has twice the charge drain of the standard version, but otherwise functions identically.
Comparison of augmented fishing tools[edit | edit source]
- Base charge drain rate of 0.31 charges per second
- Equipment experience gained is 11.8% of the base Fishing experience of the fish caught
- Requires research unlocked at level 22 Invention
- Siphons and disassembles as a tier-70 item for experience
- Two sockets for tool gizmos, which can hold potentially useful perks
- No base Fishing rate buff
- Can be used to catch most types of fish
- No quest/other requirements for any materials
- Making the Fishing rod-o-matic requires a Fishing rod, costing 673 coins on the Grand Exchange or 5 coins at fishing shops
- Various components are needed to make the Fishing rod-o-matic, which may be fairly expensive
|Augmented crystal fishing rod
- Requires level 90 Strength, Ranged, Agility, and level 93 Fishing.
- An unaugmented crystal rod requires Plague's End and the ability to craft it must be unlocked for 3,000 crystal urchin points from the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing Shop
- 5% more likely to catch fish
- Can only catch fish which can be caught with a fishing rod, fly fishing rod, or heavy rod with the exception of net fishing at Swarm
- Making a crystal rod requires a crystal tool seed, costing 103,229 coins
- A crystal rod requires either 150 Harmonic dust or 102,000 coins to 510,000 coins to create - the minimum price is reached after 5 enchantments
- Various components are needed to make an augmentor, which may be fairly expensive; alternatively, an augmentor may be purchased on the Grand Exchange for 396,843 coins
- Total cost is 602,072 coins at minimum price for crystal rod. Less coins spent if various components already obtained.
- An Equipment siphon siphons experience at a tier 70 equipment rate. It can be made or may be purchased on the Grand Exchange for 202,571 coins
- The Crystal tool siphon siphons experience at a tier 90 equipment rate providing up to 162,000 more experience, at an increased cost of the siphon
- Various components are needed to make a crystal tool siphon, which may be fairly expensive; alternatively, it may be purchased on the Grand Exchange for 795,112 coins
The Enhanced fishing rod-o-matic can be levelled up by using it. The equipment experience required for each level and the effect of disassembly is as follows:
|Table of experience and effect
|Invention experience (tier 80)
||Disassembling this item has a 50% chance to return installed gizmos.
||Disassembling this item gives double materials.
||Disassembling this item never gives junk.
||This item drains 10% less charge when used.
||Disassembling this item gives triple materials.
||Disassembling this item gives an extra random uncommon material.
||Disassembling this item returns all installed gizmos.
||Disassembling this item gives quadruple materials.
||Disassembling this item gives the maximum extra Invention XP.
||Siphoning this item gives the maximum extra Invention XP.
||Siphoning this item has a 50% chance to not consume the siphon.
||This item drains 12.5% less charge when used.
||This item can now be used with an Equipment separator.
||Siphoning this item no longer consumes the siphon.
||Using the Equipment separator on this item has a 25% chance to not consume the separator.
||This item drains 15% less charge when used.
||Using the Equipment separator on this item has a 50% chance to not consume the separator.
||Helpful perks will activate 10% (multiplicative) more frequently. See Perk benefits for a list of perks that are known to be affected.
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!