Doc is a dwarf who is the starting point for the Invention skill, and serves as the Skill Tutor. He claims to be an assistant to Drorkar, but Drorkar dislikes his refinement and innovation-based style of thinking. He sells the Invention cape to players who have achieved level 99, and the Invention master cape to players who have achieved level 120.
Players with level 22 Invention who wish to augment a dragon or crystal hatchet already on their tool belt may speak with Doc to remove it, although he will only perform this service once. Previously Doc also removed pickaxes from the tool belt when asked, but this can now be done manually via the tool belt interface after the Mining and Smithing rework.
During the 2017 Christmas event, the Doc helps by creating a power generator which is used to attempt to first bring the clockwork gnome to life by itself and once again along with Aubury and Orla Fairweather's methods.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 15 January 2018 (Update):
- Doc now sells the Invention master cape in his shop.
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- The confirmation window for Doc augmenting a toolbelt pickaxe now correctly refers to the rune replacement as a pickaxe.
- His name might be a reference to the character Doc from the Back to the Future movie franchise, with whom he shares some physical similarities; or to the Snow White character of the same name.
- He is the third skillcape seller, after Thok and Orla Fairweather, to not wear the cape he sells.
- Doc met with Tunks during the goebie's travels and tried to teach him Invention to no avail as the goebie lacked the experience for Divination, Crafting and Smithing.