Historic components

From the RuneScape Wiki, the wiki for all things RuneScape
Jump to: navigation, search

Historic components are materials gained from Archaeology that are used in Ancient Invention. These components can only be used in ancient gizmos.

Historic components can be traded by making small (contains 100) for 511,101 per crate (5,111.01 per component) or large crates (contains 1000) for 5,107,777 per crate (5,107.78 per component).

Obtaining[edit | edit source]

Full list: Category:Items that disassemble into Historic components
Calculator: Calculator:Disassembly by material/Historic

In general, disassembling low level restored artefacts offers a much better average yield of historic components than disassembling the materials that would be used to restore the artefact. For example (NB confirm numbers[source needed]): a venator item requires a total of 28 materials to restore (12 or 16 third age iron and 16 or 12 zarosian insignias). Materials have a roughly 20% chance to give 1 historic component, which results in an expected yield of 5.6 historic components from 28 materials; whereas, low level artefacts have a roughly 80% chance to award 20 historic components, giving an expected yield of 16 components per artefact. In fact, in order to equal this expected yield, one will need to disassemble 80 materials - and the most required by an artefact that can give historic components is 66 (those of the level 70 Ikovian memorial excavation spot). Therefore, low level artefacts are always the better source of historic components (excluding time spent excavating them).

Possible perks[edit | edit source]

PerkGizmosPerk ranks available with X materials
Standard GizmoAncient Gizmo
WeaponArmourTool12345123456789
Imp Souled.png
Imp Souled
Yes check.svg
0000001–21–21–41–51–61–62–62–6
Precise.png
Precise
Yes check.svg
0000001–21–21–41–51–61–62–62–6
Ultimatums.png
Ultimatums
Yes check.svg
Yes check.svg
00000011–21–21–31–41–41–41–4
Turtling.png
Turtling
Yes check.svg
00000011–21–21–31–41–41–41–4
Genocidal.png
Genocidal
Yes check.svg
Yes check.svg
00000011111111
Looting.png
Looting
Yes check.svg
Yes check.svg
00000011111111

Devices[edit | edit source]

This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
To force an update of this list, click here.
For an exhaustive list of items, click here.

Update history[edit | edit source]

The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!