Oak logs are logs obtained from cutting oak trees using the Woodcutting skill at level 15 Woodcutting. Doing so grants 37.5 experience points per log cut, resulting in 1,050 experience per inventory. Players may then burn these logs using the Firemaking skill at level 15 Firemaking for 60 experience each, or 85 if adding oak logs to a bonfire. These logs can also be fletched. Members training Construction can bring oak logs to the Sawmill operator north-east of Varrock to make oak planks at a cost of 250 each. Alternatively the Lunar spell Plank Make can allow players to convert them to oak planks at a lower cost, but with the use of runes. Oak logs are used to travel on the balloon transport system providing 2 charges per log.
[view] • [talk]
- Oak logs (noted)
- Gold coins (equal to 250x the number of logs; make sure to pay your servant from your bank, or bring extra coins)
- Tell your servant to "un-cert" (which means to "un-note") as many logs as they can (26 if using the Demon butler).
- When they come back with the logs, the option to "Send logs to Sawmill" should be clicked.
- The first time your servant comes back with planks, accept them. Your inventory should now be full.
- Right click your servant and choose "Fetch-from-bank" and then choose the top option (which is to repeat the last task).
- The second time your servant comes back, you won't have space for items anymore and your servant will hold onto them.
- Repeat step 4-5 until you are out of logs.
Assuming you have done Love Story and are using a Demon butler, these are the costs:
Around 4836 oak logs may be converted into planks per hour using this method (186 loads), yielding a loss of −3,636,672 coins per hour. If you have a Mind-controlled monkey butler, the profit/loss becomes −3,288,480 coins per hour, due to the lack of butler payments.
|3.3 XP||-||4 (2.4s) ||877|
| Divination level||13|
| Members only|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 20 April 2015 (Update):
- Players can now cut oak, willow, maple, yew, magic and elder logs into increasing quantities of arrow shafts.
- patch 10 May 2012 (Update):
- Craft and Light options have been added to all kinds of logs.
- patch 18 August 2009 (Update):
- Oak logs and pyre oak logs have been made slightly more different from normal logs.