|Released||13 February 2023 (Update)|
|Location||South-east Wilderness and north-east of Varrock|
|Teleports||Fort Forinthry lodestone|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Fort Forinthry is a player-built fort north of the Jolly Boar Inn in the south-eastern part of the Wilderness. It's the central location of the ongoing Fort Forinthry storyline and will be expanded with subsequent instalments of the story. The fort is built on the area that used to be called Grieving Vale.
The New Foundations quest needs to be completed in order to continue constructing the fort. Players are able to establish five buildings, with more coming in the future. Currently available buildings are the Workshop, Town Hall, Kitchen, Chapel, and Command Centre. Each building can be upgraded up to tier 3 with the corresponding Construction level, providing various benefits.
Despite being surrounded by the Wilderness in the east, north, and west, the dangers of the Wilderness don't apply inside the fort. However, the fort's northern gate opens into the Wilderness.
The season that players experience within the fort can be changed by talking to Zoe who can be found by the south-western tree outside of the Town Hall.
Free-to-play adventurers who build any portion of Fort Forinthry as members will see the structures they built and can enter the Wilderness through the north gate, but they cannot interact with any of the facilities.
Other players' followers can't be seen while inside the fort.
Fort Info[edit | edit source]
|Databox • Talk page|
Building materials[edit | edit source]
The construction within Fort Forinthry uses special construction materials that can be sourced from various logs and limestone.
Protean planks may be used to construct refined planks of all tiers.
Timber[edit | edit source]
Timber materials can be created from logs or planks on the sawmill within the Workshop.
12 logs/planks make 3 refined planks which make 1 frame of the same type of timber.
|Log||Plank||Refined plank||Timber frame|
|Logs||Plank||Refined planks||Wooden frame|
|Oak logs||Oak plank||Refined Oak planks||Oak frame|
|Teak logs||Teak plank||Refined Teak planks||Teak frame|
|Mahogany logs||Mahogany plank||Refined Mahogany planks||Mahogany frame|
Stonemasonry[edit | edit source]
4 limestones/limestone bricks make 1 stone wall segment.
|Limestone||Limestone brick||Stone wall segment|
Buildings[edit | edit source]
Before the player can start work on any of the buildings (with the exception of the tier 1 Workshop), they are required to complete the quest New Foundations. In order to build any higher tiers of buildings, the player must have built the previous tier. Except for the fortifications built during New Foundations, all building jobs are repeatable.
Players can interact with the Fort Forinthry blueprints table at the Workshop to start a new construction in the fort. Each building has a Construction level requirement. Boosts can be used to meet construction level requirements for all buildings. The boost is only required when creating the blueprints and the full experience will be awarded during the construction phase regardless of level. However, the assist system cannot be used to bypass level requirements for creating blueprints.
Each building awards a certain amount of Construction experience and requires a certain amount of progress, depending on its tier and level requirement. Higher level buildings require more progress and award more experience. While upgrading or reinforcing a building, 80% of the experience is given over the course of the construction process. The remaining 20% are awarded on the last building tick.
Interacting with the shiny optimal construction hotspot while upgrading or reinforcing a building awards up to 20% more experience and increases construction speed by 40%, compared to the construction hotspot.
The total materials needed to complete all buildings (including lodestone, but not the outer wall) are as follows:
|From scratch||Buying frames and stone wall segments|
|Material||Price||Needed||Total costs||Material||Price||Needed||Total costs|
|Oak plank||2,064||264||544,896||Oak frame||18,008||22||396,176|
|Teak plank||761||720||547,920||Teak frame||27,477||60||1,648,620|
|Mahogany plank||1,930||792||1,528,560||Mahogany frame||21,620||66||1,426,920|
|Limestone brick||1,400||298||417,200||Stone wall segment||9,092||72||654,624|
Lodestone[edit | edit source]
A lodestone can be built for faster travel to the fort. It is located to the south of the fort, just outside the gate. This can be found under the miscellaneous section of the drop-down bar at the Fort Forinthry blueprints table.
|N/A||1||1,100||10 x Limestone brick|
Workshop[edit | edit source]
The Workshop is the central building for creating and improving buildings around the fort. It is the first building the player has to build to continue with the restoration of the rest of the fort. It provides access and bonuses to Invention machines and increases Construction experience gained within the fort.
The Workshop contains the following amenities regardless of its tier:
The Workshop contains the following amenities after partial completion of the quest New Foundations:
8 x Wooden frame
12 x Teak frame
14 x Mahogany frame
Town Hall[edit | edit source]
The Town Hall gives the player bonus experience for skilling in the fort and while offline. The amount of "rested XP" gained and stored increases as the Town Hall is upgraded.
10 x Wooden frame
14 x Teak frame
16 x Mahogany frame
Chapel[edit | edit source]
The Chapel provides the player a method of training Prayer as well as the ability to swap prayer books. An increased amount of experience is gained for offering bones and ashes as the Chapel is upgraded as well as an increment of the time the herb burner lasts.
10 x Oak frame
16 x Teak frame
18 x Mahogany frame
Command Centre[edit | edit source]
The Command Centre is a central building for the player to manage global operations within RuneScape. These activities include the Anachronia base camp, Archaeology Research, Managing Miscellania, and the player-owned port. Upgrading the Command Centre provides additional benefits for these activities.
12 x Oak frame
18 x Teak frame
18 x Mahogany frame
Kitchen[edit | edit source]
Players must begin the quest Murder on the Border before they can start work on the Kitchen, and must complete the quest before they can upgrade it to tier 2. It is an extension to the Town Hall, which provides benefits for Cooking. Upgrading the kitchen provides additional benefits.
6 x Oak frame
10 x Teak frame
12 x Mahogany frame
Fortifications[edit | edit source]
The total materials needed to complete all fortifications are as follows:
Walls and gates[edit | edit source]
The following wall and gate sections can be built around the fort. They serve no purpose besides the progression of the New Foundations quest. Building the Rear gate allows the player to walk into Level 8 Wilderness from Fort Forinthry.
|Tier||Materials required||Building XP|
|Front gate||10 x Plank
6 x Stone wall segment
|Rear gate||10 x Plank
6 x Stone wall segment
|West wall||10 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|North-west wall||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|North wall section 1||10 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|North wall section 2||10 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|North-east wall||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|East wall||10 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|South-east wall||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|South wall section 1||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|South wall section 2||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
|South-west wall||5 x Stone wall segment||3,360 XP|
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Princess (after Murder on the Border)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Wonderful Walls ( 10) – Fully fortify Fort Forinthry by building up all the walls and gates.
- Perfect Build ( 25) – Achieve a 100% Perfect Build score within Fort Forinthry.
- A Fort Of My Own ( 25) – Upgrade all buildings in Fort Forinthry to Tier 3
- Varrock achievements
- Easy - Plank You Very Much ( 5) – Make a plank yourself on the sawmill in Fort Forinthry.
- Medium - My Fort Smells of Rich Mahogany ( 10) – Make a mahogany plank yourself on the sawmill in Fort Forinthry.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
In-game[edit | edit source]
- Fort Forinthry (tier 3).png
The fort, fully built to tier 3.
Development[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Fort Forinthry: New Foundations|
|Art & Graphics|
|Environments||Mod Blkwitch (layout, project management), Mod Zact (Workshop, walls and towers), Mod Djinn (Chapel), Mod Alex (Command Centre)|
|Concept||Mod DBarker, Mod Neil|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 March 2023 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where the building status of the Chapel in Fort Forinthry claimed that the building is ‘yet to be constructed’, even if the Chapel is fully completed and customisable.
- patch 13 March 2023 (Update):
- Bill can now tell players which tier each of the Fort Forinthry buildings is currently at.
- patch 20 February 2023 (Update):
- Fixed various blocking issues around Fort Forinthry.
- Players are no longer guaranteed to receive Strange Rocks instantly after starting construction.
- Fixed an issue where the Fort Forinthry lodestone could be built without meeting the requirements.
- The duplicated hidey-hole south of Fort Forinthry was removed from the game.
- Updated the Blueprint Table at Fort Forinthry to remove completed Wall and Gate Blueprints when the relevant segment is completed.
- Fixed an issue where some of the 'Fort Forinthry' areas did not benefit from the rested XP buff.
- Joining a player inside 'Fort Forinthry' through the friends list no longer teleports into the Wilderness.
- Players can no longer use the assist system to start blueprints within Fort Forinthry
- You can no longer see other players' pets & followers when within the Fort.
- Wilderness threat monsters will no longer spawn inside the Fort Forinthry safe area.
- Fixed an issue with the 'A Fort Of My Own' achievement. Previously creating the T3 chapel would tick off the T3 Command Centre instead (and vice versa). Now the correct building will show as complete once it has been built.
- hotfix 13 February 2023:
- Cannons are now blocked at Fort Forinthry.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fort Forinthry replaced the Lumber Yard that was previously in this approximate location on the map.
- Fort Forinthry is the first full scale area built using purely multilocs, where environment objects have various appearance, names, properties depending on player's progress.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 17 February 2023. (Archived from the original on 25 February 2023.) Mod Ramen: "... it's the first time we've built a full scale area out of purely multilocs (Player progression shows different buildings, rocks, etc)"
|Part 1 of the Fort Forinthry quest series|
|Part 2 of the Fort Forinthry quest series|