|Release date||25 January 2016 (Update)|
|Some of the luck has clung to the salvaged parts of treasure.|
|List of all items|
|Price based on the average cost per material of several items. See RS:Material prices § Fortunate components for details.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Fortunate components are rare materials used in the Invention skill. Level 54 Invention is required to discover them at an Inventor's workbench and use them in a gizmo; however, this level is not required to obtain them.
These components are also used to recharge the passage of the abyss, providing 500 teleport charges per component.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
- Full list: Category:Items that disassemble into Fortunate components
- Calculator: Calculator:Disassembly by material/Fortunate
- Various, but not all, Treasure Trails rewards
Exceptions[edit | edit source]
The following items do not give fortunate components upon disassembly:
- Black gold-trimmed and black trimmed armour set, adamant gold-trimmed and adamant trimmed armour set, and rune gold-trimmed and rune trimmed armour sets (gives the same components as their untrimmed versions)
- Zamorak, Saradomin, and Guthix armour sets (gives the same components as rune armour)
- Gilded armour
- Purple sweets
- Holy biscuits
- Gnomish firelighters
- Teleport scrolls
- Puzzle box skipping ticket
- Meerkats pouches and Meerkat scroll (Fetch Casket)s
- God arrows
- God pages
- Ornament kits
- Dyes (Barrows, blood, shadow, ice, and Third Age), along with dyed equipment
- All Third-age armour (gives Third-age components)
Possible perks[edit | edit source]
|Perk||Gizmos||Perk ranks available with X materials|
|Standard Gizmo||Ancient Gizmo|
Products[edit | edit source]
Assuming median Grand Exchange prices, making an alchemical onyx values each fortunate component at 1,735,151.6 coins. Making an alchemical hydrix values each fortunate component at 2,075,344.5 coins. Note this doesn't take into account the cost of the other components used.
Price history[edit | edit source]
- With the release of Archaeology on 30 March 2020, the price of the alchemical onyx, as well as the Luck of the Dwarves and Grace of the Elves, more than doubled in price, due to the ease of getting seren spirits while training Archaeology and the porter functionality of the Grace of the Elves. The price of most treasure trail rewards that disassemble into fortunate components also nearly doubled in price.
- With the release of the Alchemical Hydrix on 18 August 2020, the price of most treasure trail rewards that disassemble into fortunate components once again nearly doubled in price, with some items reaching 3 and 4 million coins apiece.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 18 August 2020 (Update):
- patch 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The luck message that appears when receiving a fortunate component from a reward casket will now appear for easy, medium and hard clue caskets.
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Disassembling recoloured Ranger boots now correctly awards Fortunate components.
- update 19 August 2019 (Update):
- Ingenuity of the humans (sigil) removed from the game with the removal of sigils. Replaced with the codex and ability of the same name. Fortunate components are no longer used to recharge this ability, as it no longer has an upkeep cost. To compensate for this, the codex now requires two alchemical onyxes to make instead of one.
- update 3 December 2018 (Update):
- Three items requiring Alchemical onyxes released: the Grace of the Elves, the Ingenuity of the Humans, and the Passage of the Abyss.
- The Passage of the Abyss is also charged with fortunate components at a cost of 500 charges added per fortunate component.
- The Ingenuity of the Humans sigil is also recharged with the components at a cost of 25 charges given per fortunate component.
- update 27 March 2017 (Update):