An adamant bar is a metal bar refined through the Smithing skill by smelting one adamantite ore and one luminite ore together, either using a furnace or the Superheat Item spell. Smelting an adamant bar requires a Smithing level of 40 and grants 7 Smithing experience. Adamant bars can be smelted 25% and 50% faster beginning at Smithing levels 46 and 48, respectively. Additionally, starting at Smithing level 47, there is a chance of smelting an extra bar without consuming additional ores.
Smelting adamant bars at the Blast Furnace eliminates the need for a secondary ore, thus only requiring adamantite ore.
Adamant bars can be forged at an anvil into adamant equipment. A list of items produced from adamant bars and their requirements may be found here.
Adamant is a dark green metal which is only easily found deep underground. Extracting the metal from adamantite ore requires such high temperatures that the early dwarves were unable to make use of the material until they discovered luminite.
Luminite, known to humans as dwarven firecoal, is a partially magical rock which contains the essence of fire. It is difficult and dangerous to mine and work with, but generates a flame far hotter than coal. Using luminite, the dwarves were able to smelt adamantite and found the metal even stronger than mithril and much heavier than steel. The dwarves quickly switched all of their industries over to make use of the new wonder material, and dwarven weapons were much sought after and traded to other races.
The smelting and forging of adamant remained a dwarven secret until the early Second Age, when the clans that left the worship of Guthix to follow Saradomin revealed the properties of the two rocks to their nondwarven allies. This caused a rift between the Guthixian and Saradominist clans that lasted for thousands of years. When the Guthixian dwarves abandoned the surface during the God Wars, they were forced away from the best adamantite mines by the Saradominists and their culture gradually reverted to the widespread use of steel.
[view] • [talk]
|7 XP||-||3 (1.8s) [r 1]||2,659|
| Smithing level||40|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 March 2011 (Update):
- Several references to ‘adamantite’ bars have been corrected to adamant bars.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Adamant/rune bars are no longer listed as adamantite/runite, as these are the names of the ores, not the metal.
- The word "adamant(ite)" is abstracted form the Greek word "adamas" (also the root of the word "diamond") meaning "unconquerable," and refers to any strong metal.
- For little more than half a year it was the strongest metal in RuneScape Classic, being released in January 2001 while Runite wasn't released until August of the same year.
- Adamant is the heaviest of all ores, with the adamant bar being the heaviest bar in-game, with the exception of an obsidian bar which weighs 3 kg.