|Release date||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Teleportation||• Camelot Teleport - 5 Air runes, 1 Law rune|
• Lodestone Network (after activating)
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||1|
|No. of small obelisks||0|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Seers' Village is a small settlement to the west of Camelot. The city of Ardougne is to the south, and Rellekka and Sinclair Mansion are to the north. A combination of a spinning wheel, a flax field and many rare trees make Seers' Village a central location to the Fletching trade. The village is likely named for its large population of Seers, and is ruled by the Seers' Council, though non-Seer Men and Women are present in the Forester's Arms. An Achievement Diary for the village was released on 20 January 2009.
In the past, Seers' Village was the location for the Party Room; however, after the release of King's Ransom its location was changed to Falador in order to make room for the courthouse, allowing free players to use it as well.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are multiple ways to get to Seers' Village:
- The Seers' Village lodestone, which must be activated before it can be used
- Camelot Teleport, a spell requiring 1 law rune and 5 air runes.
- Camelot teleport, a teleport tablet made on a lectern in a player-owned house
- Fairy rings:
- ALS, which teleports players to McGrubor's Wood
- CJR, which teleports players west of the Sinclair Mansion
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
The Seers' Village bank used to be a very popular trading spot. Most Fletching items (such as flax and bowstrings) used to be sold here. The bank was also a trading arena for Treasure Trail rewards and rare items. Trading was drastically reduced after the introduction of the Grand Exchange.
Trees[edit | edit source]
Seers' Village is a popular Woodcutting destination. Within the village and its surrounding area, there are 11 yew trees, 7 magic trees (near Sorcerer's Tower and Ranging Guild;) 7 maple trees, 10 willow trees, and multiple oak trees and regular trees.
Elemental workshop[edit | edit source]
The Elemental workshop is accessible through the building with the anvil, and is used in Elemental Workshop I, Elemental Workshop II, Elemental Workshop III, and Elemental Workshop IV. The book containing the key to access the workshop (and consequently start the quest) is found in a bookshelf inside a house directly south of the workshop.
Flax Field[edit | edit source]
Located to the south-east of Seers' Village is a large flax field for picking flax which is used in Fletching. Located conveniently just north-west of here is a small house with a spinning wheel on the second floor which can be used to spin flax into bowstrings. Until the trading limit updates, this field used to be crowded with macroers.
Beehives[edit | edit source]
The beehive field is located south-east of Seers' Village. It's just to the east of the Flax Field. As suggested by the name, it contains many beehives. Players can collect Buckets of wax and Honeycombs from these. The beehives are used during Merlin's Crystal, in which you have to use insect repellent (found in Catherby) on a hive.
Saradomin altar[edit | edit source]
The Saradomin Altar is located in the church north-west of the Flax Field. Inside the Graveyard located at the front of this altar are several Yew trees for Woodcutting. Praying at the Altar with the Seers' headband 3 will give a 20 extra Prayer points on top of the player's maximum.
Poison salesman[edit | edit source]
The Poison salesman loiters in or around the pub and plays a role in The Fremennik Trials, and Murder Mystery quests.
Forester's Arms Pub[edit | edit source]
The local pub is one of the target bars in the Bar Crawl (miniquest). It is also a common place for players training their Ranged skill due to the fact that there are many level 2 Men and Women in the pub with many tables to prevent retaliation.
Coal truck depot[edit | edit source]
North of the bar is a small building with several coal trucks inside it. From here players can retrieve all of the coal mined from the Coal Trucks, providing it was loaded into the carts at the Coal Trucks. A coal cart can hold up to 120 coal. This number can be increased if Seers' headband 1, 2, or 3 is worn.
McGrubor's Wood[edit | edit source]
To the west of Seers' Village, McGrubor's Wood is used in Fishing Contest and Plague City. The residents will not let players through the front entrance so players will need to squeeze through some railings at the back. Players are advised to be careful as level 44 guard dogs patrol the area.
Courthouse[edit | edit source]
Located south-east of the bank, the courthouse is instrumental in King's Ransom. Here a player defends Anna Sinclair, and strives to achieve a non-guilty verdict. With the release of the quest, the Courthouse replaced the Party Room and many players had complained about this change. However, as the Party Room was moved to Falador, it is now accessible by free players.
Cages[edit | edit source]
Located in the Western part of Seers Village and East of McGrubor's Wood. It is used in the Random Event, Pillory.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Next to a bunch of trees right near the flax fields, players may see raccoons and baby raccoons. The babies can be caught with a box trap at level 27 Hunter. This raccoon may then be kept as a pet with level 80 Summoning. Attached to the flax field are some beehives where players may obtain a Honeycomb, an item needed to make a Honey badger pouch. Insect repellent is required to prevent damage to the player.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Highwayman, level 11
Guard dog, level 33
Wolf, level 42
Chicken, level 1
Unicorn, level 15
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Seers' Village with the Party Room
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 May 2021 (Update):
- The graphical flickering in the Seers' Village Smithing Workshop no longer occurs.
- patch 16 November 2020 (Update):
- Smithing tools seen on the odd-looking wall in Seers' Village Workshop no longer float when something spoiler-y happens.
- patch 26 October 2020 (Update):
- Your character will no longer climb the stairs sideways in the house beside the Courthouse in Seers' Village.
- patch 5 October 2020 (Update):
- You can no longer go up ladders sideways on the Lunar Isle or in Seers' Village.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Several force-walk tiles near the Seers' Village hops patch have been removed.
- patch 27 March 2012 (Update):
- A willow tree in Seers' Village will now correctly remove the tree's canopy.
- patch 7 October 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the agility log between Seers' Village and the coal trucks.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- Some superfluous bankers have been removed from the Seers' Village bank.
- There is no longer a floating piece of wall in Seers' Village.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The symbol on the Seers' Village lodestone is the Eye of Providence.