The Dungeoneering lock melter is an Invention device that is a part of the dwarven tech tree. It requires 55 Dwarven Currency and level 70 Invention to unlock. It is a consumable device that stacks in the player's inventory and can be used in pocket slot.
It allows the player to unlock any non-key Dungeoneering dungeon door that they do not meet the requirements to open.
If it is used on an unfinished puzzle or skill door, it prompts the message You force the room to complete as you melt the lock.
Players are able to use one Dungeoneering lock melter per party per Dungeoneering floor. If more are attempted to use, the following message is shown: Your party has already used a lockmelter on this floor.
The average cost for making a lock melter is 70,346.18. These values were calculated using Portent of restoration VIII for Ethereal components, Yew shortbow for Tensile parts and Huge blunt iron salvage for Smooth parts.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Lockmelters leaving doors unable to be passed through.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):
- Added two interface slots to the Dungeoneering in-game status interface, these slots will now display a Lockmelter and Dungeoneering Outfit slot.
- When the lockmelter is used this will then update to a tick to show it's been used by your party for this floor, same for the Dungeoneering Outfit.
- A party message will now be shown when someone in your party uses a lockmelter.
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The dialogue box now shows level requirements of the door (if any) when using a lock melter in Dungeoneering.