The equipment siphon is a device that can be created using Invention. Players need level 27 Invention to discover the equipment siphon and must discover the Equipment dissolver first.
It allows for extracting Invention experience from an augmented item without destroying it, but with a two-level experience penalty compared to disassembly. Therefore, the maximum experience is gained at level 12, instead of at level 10. At the cost of additional siphons, players can gain slightly faster experience by siphoning at level 9. (See Calculator:Equipment experience by tier.) The equipment siphon is consumed when used. Items below level 4 cannot be siphoned.
Players are able to automatically siphon equipment at a selected level with a mechanised siphon filled with equipment siphons.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- Crystal tool siphons and equipment siphons are now stackable.
- patch 1 February 2016 (Update):
- Reduced the material cost to manufacture an equipment siphon to 50 simple parts, 5 dextrous components, and 5 precious components.
- Originally, this item required 200 inspiration to discover.