The equipment siphon is a device that can be created using Invention. Players need level 27 Invention to discover the equipment siphon and must discover the Equipment dissolver first. Equipment Siphons are manufactured at an Inventor's Workbench.
It allows for extracting Invention experience from an augmented item without destroying it, but with a two-level experience penalty compared to disassembly. Therefore, the maximum experience is gained at level 12, instead of at level 10. At the cost of additional siphons, players can gain slightly faster experience by siphoning at level 9. (See Calculator:Equipment experience by tier.)
The siphon will not work on items that are below level 4. If the siphon is used on a level 13-15 item, then there is a 50% chance to save the siphon when used. If the item is level 16 or higher, then the siphon is never consumed.
Players are able to automatically siphon equipment at a selected level with a mechanised siphon filled with equipment siphons.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 5 September 2016 (Update):
- Disassembling and siphoning items will now count towards Invention harmony pillars, capping at 50k XP per action.
- patch 1 February 2016 (Update):
- Reduced the material cost to manufacture an equipment siphon to 50 simple parts, 5 dextrous components, and 5 precious components.
- Originally, this item required 200 inspiration to discover.