Patch Notes (24 February 2020)
These Patch Notes were announced on 24 February 2020.
We've got a list as long as Telos' arm this week, with lots of general improvements to the game alongside the meatier stuff! Honestly we're not too sure how the list got so long this week, but it might have something to do with some old friends stepping out of the shadows…
Quality Of Life Improvements
- The Skills Necklace has been updated to include teleports to the Invention, Runecrafting and Farming guilds.
- The "You have been poisoned!" message displayed when fighting Gregorovic in God Wars Dungeon 2 can now be filtered in the chat box.
- The "Helwyr's continued attacks cause you to lose even more blood!" message displayed when fighting Helwyr in God Wars Dungeon 2 can now be filtered in the chat box.
- The "Collect all to" buttons on the Collection Box interface have been switched around to match the ordering of the buttons on the Grand Exchange interface.
- An Ancient Seed has been added to the Herby Werby Reward Shop. When planted using the Inventory option, the Ancient Seed will teleport you to Herby Werby on Anachronia.
- Faction seals in God Wars Dungeon 2 will no longer drop from bosses if you have reached the max reputation for a faction.
- Apoterrasaurs now follow the correct tier ordering in the Animal Breeding Log.
- The Invention Make-X interface has been given some TLC.
- Items are now categorised based on their functionality, such as "Core Invention Items" and "Combat Support". This can be accessed via the dropdown on the interface.
- All items are now ordered by Invention level where appropriate except in the "Core Invention Items" category. This was an exception to ensure that similar types of items stayed next to each other on the list and that familiarity with this was not lost.
- Augmented combat equipment has also been re-ordered, starting with Body, then Legs. It's also sorted by tier.
- The Tower of Life altars can now unnote the first ingredient of a creature's recipe by using the noted item on the altar, or by right clicking/long pressing the altar. This will unnote one item at a time, and will not work with the swordchick altar as the swordchick does not drop noted raw swordfish.
- Buy 1, 5, 10, All, and X options have been added to Angof's Crystal Armour Shop on Tarddiad.
- The word ‘Gypsy’ has been removed from Aris’ name and examine text as this word could be interpreted as a racial slur.
- Various NPCs in Karamja have been given more appropriate titles.
- Various NPCs in the Kharidian Desert have had their name changed from 'Ali' to better reflect the diverse variety of names we see in real life.
- Some dialogue in the Kindred Spirits quest has been altered to remove unintended offense.
120 Farming and Herblore
- Updated the examine text of the Harvest Potion so all the different doses are now consistent.
- You now gain Farming Reputation from harvesting calquat fruits.
- Messaging is now displayed telling players why using Growth Potions or Patch Bombs on money trees at Manor Farm will not work.
- Salamanders have received a nudge of 'encouragement' from Prehistoric Potterington, and will now breed at faster rates.
- Flies are now stackable.
- Players can now reliably decant potions without opening a crafting menu.
- Player can now fill up plant pots from the bloodwood tree and money tree patch at Manor Farm.
- Harvesting from bush patches while using the wolpertinger familiar will now correctly award Farming Reputation.
- Cave nightshade is now far less frustrating to harvest from inside the skavid caves. Players will now find more spots to harvest them from and will receive token Farming XP for doing so, but must wear gloves to avoid getting poisoned. Picking cave nightshade now also works with Signs of the Porter.
- Wolpertinger familiars now correctly fill Farming urns when harvesting bushes.
- After struggling to say Green Salamanders, Meg has gone back to calling them Swamp Lizards. The text shown now matches her VO.
- A 'Sell All' option has been added to Baby Shakes.
- Modified Farmer's Hat and Amulet of Bountiful Harvest now message in green when seeds are saved in the sowing process.
- Improved the visibility of messages generated for users when interacting with the Slayer Rewards shop on mobile.
- The Beast of Burden Inventory icons have been updated to use circular slots that match the main backpack Inventory.
- Fixed a typo on a Treasure Hunter popup on mobile.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking scrolling on mobile when browsing Invention blueprints on the discovery side of the workbench.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Member's Founder Pack interface to be displayed too soon for new users on the mobile client.
- The bank placement indicators should now appear on mobile.
- Removed PC terminology from the lodestone teleport interface on mobile.
- The Mining Stamina Bar is now on by default for players that have a mining level of 15 or greater. You can turn this off by going to your gameplay settings > skills > Mining.
- If a player has one of Turael's Burthorpe Introductory Paths selected when they level up to become an "experienced" player, their Path will now be cleared since all the items in the selected Path will appear as complete.
- Lady Deathknell has closed down the Combat Academy and the Lumbridge Market has noticed the free real estate and moved in. The nearby Bank chest remains intact. Some of the combat training dummies have been moved to Burthorpe's training camp.
- Hotfix: The hard farming requester now correctly hands out a random Barrows item.
- Activated auras are no longer sent to inventory when the player is killed in PvP zones.
- The quest marker for Once Upon a Slime is now removed from the minimap and worldmap upon completion.
- The "Dibs on the First Batch" Achievement on the Farming path can now be finished as intended.
- Fixed an issue with Crafting menus highlighting the wrong items.
- Fixed a client crash that was caused by equipping specific uncharged augmented gear.
- Wendy will now correctly dye your cat when asked after completing Purple Cat (Miniquest).
- Incense buffs are no longer removed when leaving the Fight Kiln.
- The "Steel Yourself for Combat" Achievement now works for upgraded steel items.
- Fixed an issue in which the contents of an ore box was being deposited into a player's Inventory if the box had previously been placed into a full Bank upon death.
- When trying to equip a Completionist Cape from the Bank without the requirements the cape will no longer visually remain in the Back slot.
- The Death of Chivalry quest now correctly accounts for players who have chosen V as their god.
- Can no longer check POF animals in other locations if the action is performed while Teleporting.
- Restored full reclaim functionality for Sentinel and Trapper outfits to Diango's storage system.
- Fixed an issue preventing some Body and Leg pieces from skilling outfits from being reclaimed.
- Prevented the ability to claim multiple skilling outfit pieces via Diango's storage system.
- A bug that was causing an issue with some people's Player Owned House has been fixed. If you were affected by this issue you can visit your designated portal to remove the extra rooms and have the materials refunded.
- A bug that was causing players to lose ownership of their cannon if another player logs out with an active cannon has been fixed. There might still be the odd occurrence here or there, so be sure to use the feedback form linked above if you still encounter this issue..