|Release||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||2,949 coins (info)|
|For picking tough locks.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
There is a spawn near the end of Yanille Agility Dungeon in the small room containing the pile of rubble that has to be climbed before fighting Salarin the Twisted. To access this room, a player must have either level 67 Agility to cross the monkey bar, or level 82 Thieving and a lockpick to open the door in the basement of the house beside Yanille bank.
The lockpick may also break when used (only in some cases), so it is advised to bring a number of lockpicks when picking locks that can break the lockpick. Alternatively you could bring a hair clip, they do not break but they can not be used on chests either. The master thief's lockpick reward from safecracking remedies both problems.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Dodgy Derek's Dirty Deals||Thieves' Guild||20||Coins||2|
|Martin Thwait's Lost and Found||Rogues' Den||20||Coins||10|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bandit (Kharid Bandit Camp)||0; 53||1||Uncommon|
|Exiled kalphite worker||75||1||Uncommon|
|Young impling jar||N/A||1||Common|
Uses of lockpicks[edit | edit source]
- A triplet of doors that lead to the training chests in the thieves' guild
- A gate leading to a small mining area in Ardougne Sewers
- A door in the second floor of Ardougne Castle
- Two doors near the East Ardougne marketplace
- Pirates' Hideout in deep (level 72-74) Wilderness
- Entrance to Yanille Agility Dungeon from the basement of the house beside Yanille bank (requires 82 Thieving)
- Entrance to Castle Wars (teleportation only)
- Entrance to the Ghostly warrior hut (level 73 wilderness, only after Spirit of Summer)
- A door in Legends' Quest
- A chest in Desert Treasure
- A jail cell door in King's Ransom
- The Hemenster arrow chest requires a lockpick to open
- All chests in Dorgesh-Kaan require lockpicks to open
- Increases success when thieving from Zogre Coffins
- The 3 southern chests in the Thieves' Guild in Lumbridge
- Since ogre coffin keys are around 10 times more expensive, you can pick the lock of the coffin with one of these. Be warned, this is very likely to break your lockpick.
- Only one Lockpick is required for the Desert Treasure quest, but most players will fail so the lockpick breaks. Many players need 30+ lockpicks to open the chest.
- Easier door opening in Pyramid Plunder but less experience gained when doing so
- Creating a Dungeoneering lock melter
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to unlock Dorgesh-Kaan chests with this item by using them on the chest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sprite for a lockpick is not actually a lockpick, but more closely resembles a torsion wrench.