|Release||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||3,249 coins (info)|
|For picking tough locks.|
|FAQ • doc|
Players can obtain a lockpick by killing rogues, by picking bandits' pockets (with level 53 Thieving), or by buying it from another player. They can also buy them from Martin Thwait's Lost and Found in the Rogues' Den, but they must have at least 50 Thieving and 50 Agility to do so. After completing Buyers and Cellars (and the capers From Tiny Acorns and Lost Her Marbles), they may also be bought from Dodgy Derek in the Thieving Guild. They can also be obtained by looting a Young impling jar. There is a spawn near the end of Yanille Agility Dungeon in the small room containing the pile of rubble that has to be climbed before fighting Salarin the Twisted. To access this room, a player must have either 67 Agility to cross the monkey bar, or 82 Thieving and a lockpick to open the door in the basement of the house beside Yanille bank.
The lockpick may also break when used (only in some cases), so it is advised to bring a number of lockpicks when picking locks that can break the lockpick. Alternatively you could bring a hair pin, they do not break but they can not be used on chests either. The Master thief's lockpick reward from safecracking remedies both problems.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Dodgy Derek's Dirty Deals||Thieves' Guild||20||Coins||2|
|Martin Thwait's Lost and Found||Rogues' Den||20||Coins||10|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Exiled kalphite worker||75||1||Uncommon|
Uses of lockpicks[edit | edit source]
- A triplet of doors that lead to the training chests in the thieves' guild
- A gate leading to a small mining area in Ardougne Sewers
- A door in the second floor of Ardougne Castle
- Two doors near the East Ardougne marketplace
- Pirates' Hideout in deep (level 72-74) Wilderness
- Entrance to Yanille Agility Dungeon from the basement of the house beside Yanille bank (requires 82 Thieving)
- Entrance to Castle Wars (teleportation only)
- Entrance to the Ghostly warrior hut (level 73 wilderness, only after Spirit of Summer)
- A door in Legends' Quest
- A chest in Desert Treasure
- A jail cell door in King's Ransom
- The Hemenster arrow chest requires a lockpick to open
- All chests in Dorgesh-Kaan require lockpicks to open
- Increases success when thieving from Zogre Coffins
- The 3 Southern Chests in the New Thieving Guild in Lumbridge
- Since Ogre coffin keys are around 10 times more expensive, you can pick the lock of the coffin with one of these. Be warned, this is very likely to break your lockpick.
- Only one Lockpick is required for the Desert Treasure quest, but most players will fail so the lockpick breaks. Many players need 30+ lockpicks to open the chest.
- Easier door opening in Pyramid Plunder but less experience gained when doing so
- Creating a Dungeoneering lock melter
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sprite for a lockpick is not actually a lockpick, but more closely resembles a torsion wrench.