|Release||30 April 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||12 coins|
|Low alch||8 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|For picking tough locks.|
|Exchange||2 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
There is a spawn near the end of Yanille Agility Dungeon in the small room containing the pile of rubble that has to be climbed before fighting Salarin the Twisted. To access this room, a player must have either level 57 Agility to cross the monkey bars, or level 82 Thieving and a lockpick to open the door in the basement of the house beside Yanille bank.
The lockpick may also break when used (only in some cases), so it is advised to bring a number of lockpicks when picking locks that can break the lockpick. Alternatively the player can bring a hair clip, which will not break but cannot be used on chests. The master thief's lockpick reward from safecracking remedies both problems.
Uses of lockpicks[edit | edit source]
- A triplet of doors that lead to the training chests in the thieves' guild
- Pirates' Hideout in deep (level 72-74) Wilderness
- Magic axe hut doors
- Entrance to Yanille Agility Dungeon from the basement of the house beside Yanille bank (requires 82 Thieving)
- Entrance to Castle Wars (teleportation only)
- Entrance to the Ghostly warrior hut (level 73 wilderness, only after Spirit of Summer)
- A door in Legends' Quest
- A chest in Desert Treasure
- A jail cell door in King's Ransom
- The steel arrowtips chest requires a lockpick to open
- All chests in Dorgesh-Kaan require lockpicks to open
- Increases success when thieving from Zogre Coffins
- The 3 southern chests in the Thieves' Guild in Lumbridge
- Since ogre coffin keys are much more expensive than the store price, you can pick the lock of the coffin with one of these. Be warned, this is very likely to break your lockpick.
- Only one Lockpick is required for the Desert Treasure quest, but most players will fail so the lockpick breaks. Many players need 30+ lockpicks to open the chest. Unlike with other chests, a hair clip can be used to open it. Hair clips are still very likely to break in this case, but appear less-so than lockpicks. An inventory full of hair clips obtained via the drop trick should be enough.
- Easier door opening in Pyramid Plunder but less experience gained when doing so
- Creating a Dungeoneering lock melter
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Dodgy Derek's Dirty Deals||Thieves' Guild||20||Coins||2|
|Martin Thwait's Lost and Found||Rogues' Den||20||Coins||10|
**Lockpicks @ Martin Thwait's regenerate at 1 lockpick per minute**
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Products[edit | edit source]
|Dungeoneering lock melter||N/A|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Bandit (Kharidian Desert Bandit Camp)||1||Uncommon|
|Exiled kalphite worker||75||1||Uncommon|
|Young impling jar||1||1/10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to unlock Dorgesh-Kaan chests with this item by using them on the chest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sprite for a lockpick is not actually a lockpick, but more closely resembles a torsion wrench.