Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|A plank of wood! Used in Construction (1).|
|Exchange||487 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
A plank is the lowest level Construction item and is used in several quests. It is made of regular logs.
Use in Construction[edit | edit source]
Planks can be used to make Construction furniture, flatpacks. It may also be used in Construction Contracts or Fort Forinthry.
Like the other types of planks, planks can be stored in a plank box. When stored in a plank box, planks may be used in Construction as if they were in the backpack.
Using a plank to make furniture in Construction grants 29 Construction experience and usually also involves nails.
With the current Grand Exchange price, each experience point received by building wooden furniture would cost 16.79 coins. This does not include butler fees.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|3 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||487|
|Must be performed at a sawmill|
|-||-||6 (3.6s) [r 1]||487|
- ^ All logs will be processed at once.
|90 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||487|
|0 XP||-||461.5 (276.9s)||487|
|0 XP||-||150 (90s)||487|
|Method||Standard cost||Profit or loss|
|Casting Plank Make[n 1]||2,148 [n 2]||−2,820|
|Plank maker[n 3]||396.07 [n 4][n 5]||−1,068.3|
|High capacity plank maker[n 6]||343.41 [n 4][n 7]||−1,015.41|
- ^ Requires 86
- ^ Assumes Staff of earth or equivalent is used to eliminate cost of earth runes
- ^ Requires 99
- ^ a b Using price of Divine charge, with each divine charge capable of powering up the generator with 3000 machine charge
- ^ 17.3 machine charge are used per plank
- ^ Requires 117
- ^ 15 machine charge are used per plank
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now). For a full list, see here. For help, see the FAQ.
|Construction Supplies (Fort Forinthry)||Fort Forinthry||100||Coins||20|
|Razmire Builders' Merchants||Mort'ton||100||Coins||50|
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
- Barbarian Outpost (four spawns)
- Port Khazard, near the general store (two spawns)
- Ape Atoll, south of the gates in an abandoned shack (two spawns)
- Mountain Camp, in the goat pen
- Crandor, near the wreck of Lady Lumbridge (five spawns) (some require Telekinetic Grab to reach)
- Entrana, west of the Law altar (two spawns)
- In the western Ruins in the Wilderness (nine spawns)
- In the Graveyard of Shadows in the Wilderness (five spawns)
- In the Boneyard in the Wilderness (two spawns)
- North-west of the eastern Ruins in the Wilderness (two spawns)
- Near the start of the Underground Pass
- In the dungeon beneath Miscellania and Etceteria - use the lift platform to go up
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Armoured zombie||21; 42; 46; 84; 86; 91||9 (noted)||5/128|
|Chaos witch apprentice||121||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|Chaos witch channeler||143; 147||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|Chaos witch mender||109||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|Chaos witch||141||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|Dark wizard (The Zamorakian Undercity)||114||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|The Zamorakian Undercity||10–26 (noted)||Unknown|
|Undead Lumberjack||54; 64; 74; 78; 86; 97; 101; 108; 119||1||Always|
Products[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Slayer, 3 needed
- Perils of Ice Mountain, 2 needed although they can be of any type of plank as long as they are the same type
- Cold War, 1 needed
- The Darkness of Hallowvale, 2 needed
- Glorious Memories, 1 needed (can be obtained during the quest)
- The Great Brain Robbery, 18 needed
- Horror from the Deep, 2 needed (can be obtained during the quest)
- Hunt for Red Raktuber, 4/5 needed depending if a Clockwork suit is owned or not
- In Aid of the Myreque, 11 needed
- In Search of the Myreque, 6 needed
- Mountain Daughter, 1 needed (can be obtained during the quest)
- Observatory Quest, 3 needed
- Regicide, 1 needed (can be obtained during the quest)
- Spirit of Summer, 2 needed (can be obtained during the quest)
- Tortle Combat (miniquest), 16 needed
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Planks, bars, and leather|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 17 August 2011 (Update):
- Players can no longer make planks on a free world by using logs on the sawmill operator.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the introduction of the Construction skill, a plank was mainly a quest-related item and generally had a relatively low street value.
- Previously, unless free players purchase planks on the Grand Exchange or from another player, they can only be obtained from the Wilderness and Crandor respawn locations. The former was a common player killing spot, due to a steady traffic of players attempting to complete the Dragon Slayer quest, including a number of players who generally avoided player killing areas and were unfamiliar with the tactics in the Wilderness. Free players can now buy planks from the Sawmill operator.