|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||22 coins|
|Low alch||15 coins|
|Exchange||5,851 coins (info)|
|A bittercap mushroom[sic]|
|FAQ • doc|
A bittercap mushroom is a type of fungus involved with the Farming skill. They have various uses, some of which are involved with the Cooking skill, or as part of the fairy ring network (other uses are listed below). They may be grown from a bittercap mushroom spore (taking up to 240 minutes to grow) by players with level 53 Farming in the mushroom patch near Canifis and in the patch in Isafdar. This may yield up to six mushrooms.
After completing the medium Morytania achievements, the Canifis patch will not become diseased.
After completing the elite Morytania achievements, the amount harvested will be doubled from 6 to 12; however this boost does not apply to the experience gained.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see .
Uses[edit | edit source]
- 1 mushroom may be sliced and cooked to make fried mushrooms. When added to fried onions, this makes a mushroom & onion topping for baked potatoes.
- 8 mushrooms may be used to pay a farmer to look after a whiteberry bush.
- 4 mushrooms are the main ingredient for brewing moonlight mead.
- 5 mushrooms are used to activate incomplete fairy rings in various locations (see the list below).
- 15 mushrooms can be added to a compost bin to make supercompost. (Mushrooms may be used in combination with other supercompostable items, totaling 15).
- Harvesting a bittercap mushroom is a requirement for the "Fun Guy But Bitter" task in the medium Morytania tasks list.
- 5 mushrooms are required for Rebuilding Edgeville miniquest.
Fairy rings[edit | edit source]
There are several locations where bittercap mushrooms can be planted in enchanted soil, completing a fairy ring thus allowing the player to use it to teleport as any other fairy ring. Five mushrooms are required to complete each fairy ring, and the player must have a spade with them, or on their tool belt, to make the repair. Note that it is the mushrooms themselves, not the spores that are used. The locations of the incomplete fairy rings are as follows:
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||41.7%|
|Farming||Bittercap • Morchella|
|Dungeoneering||Edicap • Gissel|
|Other||Mushrooms • Gorajian • Mort myre fungus • Button • Black|
|Fruit tree produce|