This article is about the edible farming mushroom in Gielinor. For other uses, see Mushroom
A bittercap mushroom is a mushroom harvested from from a bittercap mushroom spore grown in a mushroom patch, requiring level 53 Farming. Up to six bittercap mushrooms can be harvested for each grown spore.
Bittercap mushrooms are required for crafting moonlight mead and mushroom potatoes.
Bittercap mushrooms can be harvested from bittercap mushroom spores grown within a mushroom patch. A fully grown bittercap mushroom spore will grow up to six bittercap mushrooms. When picked, gives 57.7 Farming experience per mushroom picked.
Players that have placed a farm totem next to an animal pen that contains an elder animal at Manor Farm will receive a farm perk that affects the harvest of bittercap mushrooms, as outlined below.
||Tier 1 Effect
||Tier 2 Effect
||A 7% chance to yield an additional mushroom when gathering them from patches, clusters, or bloomed logs.
||A 10% chance to yield an additional mushroom when gathering them from patches, clusters, or bloomed logs.
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
There are several locations where bittercap mushrooms can be planted in enchanted soil, completing a fairy ring thus allowing the player to use it to teleport as any other fairy ring. Five mushrooms are required to complete each fairy ring, and the player must have a spade with them, or on their tool belt, to make the repair. It is the mushrooms themselves, not the spores that are used. The locations of the incomplete fairy rings are as follows:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 10 July 2017 (Update):
- A fairy ring has been added to the Kharazi Jungle with a code of CJS. 5 bittercap mushrooms are required to initially restore the fairy ring.
- hotfix 20 February 2017 (Update):
- Harvesting a Morchella mushroom patch with the Farming skillcape perk no longer switches the patch to bittercap mushrooms.
- update 26 October 2009 (Update):
- An auto re-pick feature has been added when harvesting your mushrooms, berries and fruit from Farming patches.