The Helm of the Dead Hand is a helm that provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill. It is obtainable by killing 100 Crawling hands with a Mask of Broken Fingers, which can be won in Treasure Hunter. Unlike the mask, this does not provide double drops, extra damage, or an experience boost, but it does give access to an emote. The helm must be worn in order to perform the emote, which can be accessed by right-clicking the mask and selecting "Transform". It has no requirements to be worn.
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be crawling hands. The player will still need to go to a Slayer Master who normally assigns these creatures; if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them and then receive a random task as normal. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment or when the slayer master is offering a special challenge.
- This mask can be used twice per day to teleport directly to a choice of locations where crawling hands can be found.
- The odds of receiving the crawling hand corpse drop is doubled.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- The player is free to switch back to the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- When equipped, the helm allows you to perform an emote in which you transform into a crawling hand that pounds the ground.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- This slayer mask is now hybrid class.