This article is about the Treasure Hunter-related item. For the player-made mask, see Tuska mask
The Mask of the Airut is obtained from Treasure Hunter, or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 135 million anima. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops.
After killing 1,000 Airut, the mask will become a Helm of the Airut. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops.
The mask/helm can be reset to zero kill count by using a Spirit of Battle on it.
- Once every 3 days (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be Airut. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment. The cool down period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport the player directly to the Piscatoris peninsula. If on an Airut task assigned by Morvran, Kuradal or Laniakea, players can also teleport to Kuradal's Dungeon.
- Killing Airut while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer experience.
- Killing Airut while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill. This does include double effigy, clue scroll, and charm drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above one's character by those around them. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 11 June 2018 (Update):
- It is now possible to teleport to the Airut within Kuradal's dungeon with the mask of the airut
- patch 30 November 2015 (Update):
- Fixed some typos when upgrading the Mask of Aquanites and the Mask of the Airut.
- This slayer mask is visually similar to the Tuska mask.