Mask of Reflection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mask of Reflection|
|Release||22 March 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 5,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Backpack||Check kills, Wear, Teleport, Change look, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check kills, Teleport, Change look|
|On death||Always lost|
|A mask that displays your affinity with basilisks. Requires Defence (30).|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The Mask of Reflection is a slayer mask obtainable from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 18 million anima. It has a requirement of level 30 Defence to be worn. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, listed below. When the double drops, damage and experience boosts have expired after 500 basilisk kills, the mask will become the Helm of Little Kings which has similar benefits, but does not provide double drops, extra damage or an experience boost.
It also counts as a mirror shield equipped, granting the use of dual wield and two-handed weapons, and allowing mages to gain the benefits of rune-negating staves - this is especially useful against basilisks, as they are weak to air attacks.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||51.4||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.5625%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be basilisks. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Vannaka, Chaeldar, Sumona) – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment. (Note: Vannaka does not normally assign basilisks, and will assign you a bats task when attempting to use the mask to receive a basilisk task from him. This is likely a bug.)
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where basilisks can be found.
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, just south of the Basilisks.
- Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon, outside the room of basilisks (only if the Basilisk boss has been defeated.)
- The mask confers the same damage boost against basilisks (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helm.
- Killing basilisks while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 40). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has, and in addition to assignment and/or contract xp. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing basilisks while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill.
- The odds of receiving the basilisk head drop is doubled.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask and a mirror shield (for basilisks and cockatrice, but doesn't work on the Basilisk boss).
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- update 27 September 2021 (Update):
- All Slayer masks have been removed from Treasure Hunter, and are now only available through Shattered Worlds.
Slayer masks and helms