The communication device is given by Moia to the player at the beginning of Dishonour among Thieves. It can be used to communicate with Moia, to teleport to Zamorak's hideout underneath Daemonheim, to exit the hideout to Daemonheim, and to view the quest cutscenes. If the item is lost at any time, it can be reclaimed from Moldark in Edgeville. It can also be re-obtained at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to use Moia's device or a disc of returning on an instance-only world.
- patch 10 July 2017 (Update):
- A client crashing issue that previously occurred after using the Communication device during the Dishonour among Thieves quest in the Java client has been fixed.
- patch 6 June 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer re-watch cutscenes using a communication device while disguised as a goebie.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Cutscenes from Dishonour among Thieves may now be replayed via the communication device while stood in a bank area or Zamorak's hideout.
- During the 2018 Hallowe'en event, attempting to communicate with Moia via the communication device resulted in a unique set of dialogue in which the player character attempted to communicate with her but only heard a distant scream in reply. This scream was presumably from Moia due to her entrapment by the chaotic rift.