A skills necklace is a dragonstone necklace that has been enchanted with the spell Enchant Level 5 Jewellery.
A freshly enchanted dragon necklace will have zero charges, however can carry up to four charges.
Like the other enchanted pieces of dragonstone jewellery, the teleports of a skills necklace can be used in up to level 30 Wilderness, instead of level 20, the normal limit for teleportation.
As long as it has at least one charge, a worn skills necklace will slightly increase the chance of finding a casket while fishing with a big net.
When it runs out of charges, it can be recharged at the totem pole in the Legends' Guild or The Tears of Seren fountain in Prifddinas. However, the totem pole requires at least the start of Heroes' Quest. And the fountain requires the completion of both the Heroes' Quest and Legends' Quest. A geyser titan can also be used to recharge a skills necklace.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- Invention, Farming and Runecrafting teleports will now appear as options for the skills necklace.
- patch 14 May 2018 (Update):
- Recharging your jewellery at the Legends guild' totem pole while having charged combat bracelet or skills necklace will no longer revert them back to uncharged versions.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Skills necklace teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- Skills necklaces no longer cause a spike when resting.