Mask of the Black Demon
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mask of the Black Demon|
|Release||29 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 35,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Backpack||Check kills, Wear, Teleport, Change look, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check kills, Teleport, Change look|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A mask that displays your affinity with black demons. Requires Defence (55).|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The Mask of the Black Demon is obtained from the Shattered Worlds Reward Shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train Slayer, including additional Slayer experience, extra damage, and double drops.
After killing 1,000 Black demons, the mask will become a Helm of the Black Demon. The helm has similar benefits but does not provide additional Slayer experience, extra damage, or double drops.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||125.6||PvM: 0%||PvP: 1.03125%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once every three days (day resets at 00:00 UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next Slayer assignment the player receives will be Black demons. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master who normally assigns these creatures; if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a Co-op Slayer assignment. The cool down period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask can be used to teleport directly to the area in Taverley Dungeon where Black demons can be found.
- Killing Black demons while wearing this mask will grant 25 extra Slayer experience for every black demon slain.
- Killing Black demons while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill. This does not double effigy or clue scroll drops but does double charm drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above the character by those nearby. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version as a cosmetic preference only; this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now). For a full list, see here. For help, see the FAQ.
|Shattered Worlds Reward Shop||Shattered Worlds||63,000,000||Shattered anima||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- update 27 September 2021 (Update):
- All Slayer masks have been removed from Treasure Hunter, and are now only available through Shattered Worlds.
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The Mask of the Black Demon will now correctly show the amount of Black Demons killed.
Slayer masks and helms