The Mask of the Black Demon is obtained from Treasure Hunter or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train Slayer, including additional Slayer experience, extra damage, and double drops.
After killing 1,000 Black demons, the mask will become a Helm of the Black Demon. The helm has similar benefits but does not provide additional Slayer experience, extra damage, or double drops.
- Once every three days (day resets at 00:00 UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next Slayer assignment the player receives will be Black demons. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master who normally assigns these creatures; if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a Co-op Slayer assignment. The cool down period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask can be used to teleport directly to the area in Taverley Dungeon where Black demons can be found.
- Killing Black demons while wearing this mask will grant 25 extra Slayer experience for every black demon slain.
- Killing Black demons while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill. This does not double effigy or clue scroll drops but does double charm drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above the character by those nearby. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version as a cosmetic preference only; this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The Mask of the Black Demon will now correctly show the amount of Black Demons killed.