Mask of Mourning
|Mask of Mourning|
|Release||12 July 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 1,500 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A mask that displays your affinity with banshees. Requires Defence (15).|
|FAQ • doc|
The Mask of Mourning is won from Treasure Hunter, or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 13 million anima. It requires 15 Defence to equip. After 200 banshee or mighty banshee kills it may be transformed into a Helm of Keening.
|Armour||40.4||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.28125%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be banshees. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Turael/Spria, Mazchna, Chaeldar, Sumona, Vannaka) – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, the mask allows the player to teleport to a location where Banshees can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against banshees (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helm.
- Killing banshees while wearing this mask will grant additional slayer experience equivalent to the slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 15). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has and in addition to assignment and/or contract experience. The experience awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing banshees while wearing the mask will grant double drops for every 10th kill.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask and as earmuffs for all banshee tasks.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
To force an update of this list, click.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see( ).
|Dazzling four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Dazzling three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Dazzling two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Unknown|
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
Update history[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The Mask of Mourning now correctly states the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Morytania Slayer Tower instead of the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]
Slayer masks and helms